Author Topic: Illinois Senate passes S.B. 1007  (Read 574 times)

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
Illinois Senate passes S.B. 1007
« on: May 09, 2007, 08:52:48 AM »
today, by a vote of 31-26-1, the Illinois senate passed SB1007 which is the banning of high capacity magazines (greater than 10 rounds)  in the state.  Existing owners and stockpiles by manufacturers are grandfathered, however, if this bill passes the Illinois House, and is signed into law, future production, purchasing and possession by Illinois companies and gun owners will be illegal.  Your existing magazines would have to be registered in order to be grandfathered.

I urge Illinois residents to contact their state house representatives immediately.

BY THE WAY:
the law originally was a bill to close a loophole in the exploitation of children law, but last week, Senator Kotowski changed the entire thing to be a magazine ban.  Apparently, thats how politics goes in Illinois.

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Illinois Senate passes S.B. 1007
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 08:34:29 PM »
Born in Illinois, lived here most of my 61 years with the exception of the service and some time in Kentucky, and some time in Tennessee due to job transfers.  I really feel that this is home.  I built my current home to retire in.  I am about 6 months away from retiring.  I don't want to move any more.  I just want to enjoy retirement and shoot the gazillion rifles, handguns, and shortguns that I have collected over the last 50 years.  I have a lot of old milsurp bolt actions, many bolt rifles, quite a few old muzzleloaders, and double shotguns.  I enjoy screwing around with all of the aftermarket accessories for the Ruger 10/22's, and I have a number of them that I have upgraded.  In all of this, I have only two or three magazines over ten rounds: they are some cheap 20 or 30 round (don't even remember how many rounds) Ramline or Butler Creek 10/22 mags that I have owned for years.  Don't even know why I bought them, or when - probably twenty years ago, before the last (federal) ban.  I really don't care about those magazines one way or another - never used 'em.  I have probably gotten about 3 traffic tickets in the last 45 years, never been accused, arrested or convicted of anything, honorably discharged, taught hunters safety, served on public boards, church committees, Boy Scouts, and two different Fire Departments.  I believe I am a pretty decent and law abiding citizen - in fact, a contributor to society and community.
Here we go again.  Now I have to "grandfather" in my two or three cheap 10/22 plastic Ramline magazines or I am gonna be a criminal.  Last week, they banned smoking in all public places.  I  don't smoke - quit 17 years ago.  I don't like being around it anymore either.  Yet, it annoys me that government steps in and doesn't let the marketplace decide whether smoking is allowed in restaurants and bars. 
So, would you move out of your home state over a couple of cheap plastic magazines (that you probably will never use) and a pack of Marlboros (that you'll never smoke)?
Sounds stupid all right, but I am sure thinking about it!

(Jobs are very precious around here - Les Baer and Rock River Arms are already half way across the river moving into Iowa.  Springfield Armory and Armalite next?)
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline BearScat

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Illinois Senate passes S.B. 1007
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 09:22:26 PM »
Illinois the Land of Lincoln...Once, home of the gangster...Now, waste product of the Democrats.  I grew up in Illinois, joined the military, and vowed never to return...except during the occasional visit to see family.  I did vote Republican in the resent election (Nov 06) to try and help you all out...then moved to Alaska and changed my residency.  Did I mention Alaska has concealed carry....no permit required...and a republican governor...ahhh the last frontier.  And though banning high-cap mags seem like no big deal, it's only the start of more restrictions to come.  It only takes one bullet to kill...Or a  knife, an arrow, etc...Will they ban finger nail files next?  Maybe set up security checkpoints like they have in the airports at the grocery markets and mini malls...I should stop before I give "them" Ideas...Bottom line, if someone wants to kill or mame, they will find a way...ask any prisoner.  Speak out! Tell them to use your hard earned tax dollars to fix your God awful roadways instead of wasting the law abiding citizens time and money on ill advised gun bans by bumbling idiots. 

These are just a few of my humble opinions and should no way be viewed as opinions expressed by or as a military source and or as a military stance on said subject. 

Just another concerned AMERICAN.  "LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING"