Author Topic: LAST CHANCE-ACT TODAY  (Read 1092 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
LAST CHANCE-ACT TODAY
« on: May 17, 2007, 06:02:01 AM »
Okay gentlemen, this may be your last chance to stand up and do something for our country.  If you are opposed to an amnesty, and illegal immigration you need to call today!  Read the following message from NUMBERSUSA and will see why it is so important for to make that call TODAY.

Date:   Wednesday 16MAY07     11:45 p.m. EDT  

Only YOU can stop the Senate amnesty now -- UPDATE on details of bill up for Monday vote  

ATTENTION RECENTLY JOINED MEMBERS: We are in a legislative crisis. Ordinarily, you may get 1-2 Alerts from me a week. But during a crisis, you will be receiving more than one Alert a day -- sometimes several a day -- until the final votes. Please be patient and take as many actions as possible.
DEAR FRIENDS,

I spent the day with our NumbersUSA Hill Team visiting many Members of Congress and their staffers.

The amnesty compromise has been reached (at least 95% of it, anyway). Sen. Kennedy (D-Mass.), Sen. Kyl (R-Ariz.) and Pres. Bush have negotiated a grand compromise between those who wanted a massive increase in foreign workers and those who wanted a blanket amnesty for illegal aliens and virtually unlimited family chain migration. Nobody involved represented the American people's interest in immigration reductions.

The first key vote will be next Monday night.

Senators are admitting privately that the bill will increase the number of greencards (for permanent settlement) by 20 million over the next 13 years. Added to the number that will be given out based on current law, that means 30-35 million greencards in just the next 13 years!

To give you an idea of how radically these Senators want to change our nation and communities, consider that there are around 25 million foreign-born now living in this country who have been given green cards over the last 75 years. That number already has overwhelmed and changed thousands of communities.

But the Senate negotiators and Pres. Bush want to raise that number of greencard holders in our communities from 25 million to 60 million in just the next 13 years!

(See below for more of the devastating components of the amnesty agreement.)

SENATORS SAY THEY ARE WILLING TO VOTE FOR AMNESTY BECAUSE THEY A! REN'T GE TTING THAT MANY PHONE CALLS OPPOSING THE NEGOTIATIONS

I picked up some more unsettling and startling information on the Hill today. Such as this:

Many Senators are telling staffers and other Senators that they are inclined to vote for the giant Kennedy/Bush amnesty bill (S. 1348) next week because they say they have been surprised at how few phone calls of protest they've gotten during the last two months of highly-publicized negotiations to create the amnesty.

They are concluding that the citizens of their states just aren't all that worked up about granting an amnesty. And they're interpreting that as a green light to give corporations the huge new supplies of legal foreign labor they desire.

These are Senators who have voted against amnesty in the past.

This makes me heart-sick. While we have given you a number of opportunities to make phone calls to express concern about the amnesty negotiations, we haven't pushed you hard until this week because the Republican negotiators assured us at every step of the way that they would not agree to anything that gives permanent legalization to illegal aliens.

Now that the "deal" has been revealed as a nearly total blanket amnesty for 12-20 million illegal aliens, it is obvious that the Republican negotiators and their staffs misled us, and misled you when you called.

At this time, only 15 Senators are thought to be likely to vote against the amnesty next week.

Everybody on the Hill says constituent pressure the rest of this week and next week is the only thing that can add more NO votes. But they feel a lot of Senators' support for the amnesty bill is shallow and can change once they realize how politically risky it is to vote YES -- and to learn more details of the really horrible and costly parts of the bill.

I should tell you that Rosemary Jenks (our director ! of gover nment relations) remains optimistic that our grassroots mobilization can eke out 41 NO votes next week in a cloture vote -- that would kill the amnesty in the Senate. But that will happen only if tens of thousands more of you than normal pick up a phone and make a call.

ACTIONS FOR TODAY

I hope thousands of you will have enough information in this Alert to start making phone calls right now. And I hope the rest of you will start sending faxes and making phone calls as soon as we send you more specific action links with talking points.

Go to your Action Buffet corkboard every morning and afternoon until this is over. Send the faxes. We'll be putting up new faxes every day.

www.NumbersUSA.com/actionbuffet

MAKE A PHONE CALL TO YOUR TWO SENATORS AT:

202-224-3121

I know that most of you have never made a phone call. Your faxing totally dominates the written communications in offices. But our phone presence just isn't powerful enough. We need far more phoning to give more weight to the piles of faxes they are getting.

THE SENATORS ARE PARTICULARLY MEASURING PHONE CALLS RIGHT NOW.

Many of you will have enough information from this Alert to make phone call as soon as you finish reading this.

But for those of you who have never make a call before, you may want to wait until you get an email with a link to a phone action note that will give you talking points and make it easy for you.

The opposition is doing everything possible to try to convince Senators that our movement represents loud people but not very many people. We need every one of you to step forward and be heard to convince Senators that our voice is the voice of the majority.

Combined with high fertility among the foreign born, ! immigrat ion is currently on a trajectory to lead to 100 million more people crowded into American communities before mid-century.

But if this Kennedy/Bush/Kyl Amnesty (the KBK Amnesty) passes into law, this nation will have to handle 100 million more people in just a few decades, long before mid-century.

KEY COMPONENTS OF THE KBK AMNESTY

Although we don't have the legislative language yet, here are the key components:

WE LOSE -- by getting an immediate amnesty for nearly all 12-20 million illegal aliens who will get legal status for residence and jobs (with assurance of green cards no later than 13 years).

IN EXHANGE FOR -- we get mandatory workplace verification and a lot of extra enforcement (with a lot of typical Kennedy loopholes) to try to slow the flow of the next 12 million illegal aliens enticed by the amnesty;

WE LOSE -- by getting a tripling of the rate of chain migration of extended family from around 250,000 a year to around 750,000 a year for about a decade;

IN EXCHANGE FOR -- after about a decade, there should be no more chain migration (assuming that Kennedy doesn't add it back in by then);

WE LOSE -- by getting new flows of 400,000 temporary foreign workers each year, bringing their families and having anchor babies who will be given U.S. citizenship;

IN EXCHANGE FOR -- at least the temporary workers are supposed to leave and not be able to apply for greencards and permanent residency.

WHY THE REPUBLICANS ARE STAMPEDING TO BACK THIS AMNESTY

The majority of Republican Senators last year voted against the S. 2611 amnesty that passed.

But at a noon meeting today with nearly all GOP Senators, Sen. Kyl outlined the amnesty agreement he had negotiated with Sen. Kennedy. Our sources say only about three Senators raised concerns. Most of the rest were say! ing thin gs like, "If you think this is a good idea, John, I guess that should be good enough for us."

Pres. Bush and staff have been brilliant in moving Sen. McCain (R-Ariz.) and Sen. Martinez (R-Fla.) into a more secondary role and persuading conservative leader Kyl to lead the negotiations. Kyl is able to lead many Senators to follow him who would otherwise not support an amnesty of any kind.

At the moment, the only Senators whom we feel relatively certain are opposing this new amnesty are Sen. DeMint (R-SC), Enzi (R-Wyo.), Crapo (R-Idaho), Vitter (R-La.), Allard (R-Colo.), Sessions (R-Ala.), Chambliss (R-Ga.), Grassley (R-Iowa).

Let us know what you find out when you call the other offices.

GOOD LUCK,

P.S. The following email was passed on to me from the National Review which received it from one of its readers. Perhaps you will be encouraged by it.

I can tell you that Republican congressional offices are besieged with faxes. My own congress critter had a staffer call me Monday to ask if I were using an automatic faxer, since they were getting hundreds and hundreds of similar ones. I told him that NumbersUSA, to which I belong, did have a fax service. I also asked
him if it didn't help [the congressman>, who's pretty good on the issue, to be able to say he'd gotten x faxes and y phone calls in absolute opposition to whatever, as he attempts to stiffen the rather flexible spines of some of his colleagues.

The staffer finally admitted that they did use the numbers, but felt
overwhelmed. I told him if that was the case, they needed to be beating leadership over the head with boxes of faxes, not complaining to me.

He also asked where I had gotten the closer to my faxes (A nation which WILL not enforce its laws soon finds it has few it CAN enforce, and then it ceases to be a nation).! He see med surprised when I told him it was original.

----------M. McLemore, Pike Road, AL

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
Re: LAST CHANCE-ACT TODAY
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 08:13:50 AM »
rockbilly, I registered there, but they just don't have very good directions on how to send a fax. I clicked on several of their note pads and never did see anything on faxing anyone. Maybe I missed it.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 02:21:39 PM »
Thanks for the phone number I just called and left Norm Coleman a message. Will try again tomorrow to reach him personally. I think calling our Mark Dayton is probably a waste of time though.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 01:32:55 AM »
There was a time admittedly LONG ago when contacting Congressmen and Senators actually made some difference. That time is past. Few if any of them these days really care what their constituents think. Here in Bama it's about impossible to remove one once he has been voted in. The majority of voters care ONLY about seniority in office and will continue to put one back in no matter what they say or do and the politicians know that.

Their minds have been made up on this issue for a long time now. Why and what they feel this is doing for them or the country is beyond my comprehension. But there is a concerted effort underway by those who run government at seemingly all levels to put an end to the US Constitution and all it stands for. They are bound and determined to undermine and ruin this country and the sad fact is that the folks weilding the power now are those bent on destroying this country and all it has stood for so long. Change WILL NOT come about at the polls and while I'd like to think I'm wrong I think it's far too late to do it by force. I see nothing good coming to this country in my life time or the life times of even my grandkids. It will take several generations at best to ever return this place to what it was and it will be many bloody generations coming if it does at all. We're on a long slippery down hill slope, the brakes have been disconnected and we're going to the bottom regardless. That pit down there is deep and full of quicksand and coming back out of it and climbing that hill again isn't gonna be quick or easy. I don't believe anyone alive today will see the day it happens. Just too many who don't care and too many others who actually want it to happen. So happen it will.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 01:59:08 AM »
Sadly I think you are correct GB.  This country has gone into a death spiral and like you I am unsure if it will ever come out of it.  I hate to be a pessimist, but this once great nation may never return to it's former glory.   
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 03:26:04 AM »
rockbilly, I registered there, but they just don't have very good directions on how to send a fax. I clicked on several of their note pads and never did see anything on faxing anyone. Maybe I missed it.
Keep clicking around in there...pretty extensive site, and works pretty well....TM7

I got an email from Roy Beck, the guy that must run the site and he gave me some directions. I sent out a bunch of faxes yesterday after he sort of explained how their system works.

Thanks TM7!

I'll probably make some calls to Senators Shelby & Sessions today on my cell phone to let them know that I'm ticked off (couldn't use the other word that I wanted).
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 03:33:28 AM »
GB, I feel like TM7 does about this, those politicians show a great deal of fear if they think they will lose some votes. Think of it this way, for just myself and politicians are well aware of this, my phone, fax, letter or email to them means that they don't lose one vote, they lose 10 votes immediately from me. The reason for that is this; they know that I might have contacts with at least 10 family and friends that I can sway to my way of thinking. So one person contacting them, they take it as 10 votes lost right then. Then that other 10 people, they can sway 10 others each, so it snowballs. I have talked with a few politicians and they have told me this before. They know how the voting system works and how the family and friends involved works. So, I would recommend everyone to not lose hope, contact them and let them know your feelings. Tell them you want a written response as to their thoughts on what it is you're contacting them about.
AMM
The Mountain

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 05:51:40 AM »
I agree with GBs comments to some degree, but I am from that old school that firmly believes " the squeaking wheel gets the grease."  One of the issues concerning this issue is, those seeking an amnesty have something to gain by calling, writing, and marching in the streets.  The folks that have something to lose are not as concerned, so they do nothing.  

Issues such as this can be put to rest if enough people get involved, and make their wishes known.  I took this issue seriously, (look at the post I have made here) Several times over the past eighteen months, I took the time to draft "letters to the editor" to many newspapers around the country, last week I sent letters to 97 different newspapers, approximately 45 of them contacted me and ask permission to print the letters.  I am sure there were more, but if I only reached one person from each printing, then I recruited 45 more people for the cause.  

I think numbers do count, the problem is so many people complain, but do nothing.  For example. if the majority of the folks in an area banded together and spoke their mind, by writing, and calling,  do you think their elected official would listen, or voted contrary to their wishes?  Tom DeLay from Texas is a classic example of what can happen to (in his own mind) the most powerful man in Washington when he goes against the wishes of the people, he got on the bad side of the voters, and was replaced.  

Writing, calling, and faxing will work, but there must be sufficient numbers showing approval/disapproval to sway the opinion of the responsible official.

We need to keep the pressure on, and encourage everyone we know that shares the same views we do to write, call, or fax.  You can bet your bottom dollar 12-20 million illegal aliens, and their supporters are letting the officials know what they want.

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 02:02:47 AM »
Gentlemen, we haven't lost our voice on this amnesty bill just yet. It will be brought up for debate starting Monday. It seems as if there has already been a few Senators that has changed their mind about this just in the last day or so. They are being bombarded with phone calls and faxes and now they're running a little scared as the voters out here are voicing opinions and they don't want to lose votes.

If you haven't done so yet, please get registered on  www.NumbersUSA.com/actionbuffet and start sending your free faxes now. We don't want our country sold out just yet. I just sent out 4 more free faxes last night to my Senators. So please voice your opinion as it looks like things are beginning to turn around on this amnesty bill.
AMM
The Mountain

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 02:06:21 AM »
We're picking up a little help!

The nation's largest veterans organization is calling on Congress to reject proposed legislation that would grant "fast track" citizenship or amnesty to the 12-20 million individuals who are in this country illegally. Instead, The American Legion advocates aggressive enforcement of immigration laws and stronger border security as a means to reduce the illegal population in the United States.

The American Legion's National Executive Committee, meeting in Indianapolis, Ind. on May 9-10, outlined a five-point strategy to address illegal immigration. It includes:

-- Securing the borders and coastline points of entry -- Removing the jobs magnet by imposing and enforcing employer sanctions -- Eliminating most social services benefits for illegal immigrants -- Promoting a strategy of attrition through enforcement -- Effectively screening and tracking foreign visitors in the U.S.

"We are not against legal immigration and never have been," said National Commander Paul A. Morin. "It is what made this country what it is today, and no one can dispute that. But the system is broken and it needs fixing, and the solutions being tossed around by some members of Congress are not in the best interest of this country."

The failure of the federal authorities to enforce our immigration laws has invited the criminal element to our society. Alien gangs operate in most, if not all, major U.S. cities. Human and drug smuggling operations are prevalent along our southern border. Document fraud and identity theft are rampant among the illegal population. And throughout the country, prisons are overcrowded or full, with about 30 percent of those incarcerated being illegal immigrants.

The American Legion does not believe the answer to solving the illegal immigration problem is to make illegal aliens legal. "Rewarding illegal behavior sets a dangerous precedent and only encourages more to ignore our country's laws. It swells our population, puts an undue burden on American taxpayers and presents a significant national security risk," Morin said.

The American Legion is a veterans organization of 2.7 million wartime members, many of whom have served overseas, many in Third World countries. They have seen poverty, political instability, disease and war. The sacrifices they have made give them a perspective on national security issues that many Americans do not have. And today, they see and understand the threat that open borders present to their homeland.

A comprehensive white paper of the organization's strategy is being made available to Legionnaires around the nation so they can activate their communities to demand that Congress act responsibly to effectively to protect America's borders.
AMM
The Mountain

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 11:44:30 AM »
I've registered with NumbersUSA and have sent faxes to my congressmen and to the Prez.  If you love our country I hope you all will do the same.  Faxes, letters and phone calls DO influence our Government leaders.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 03:44:43 AM »
Where have all the great leaders gone.

-----
The year is 1907.....but the speaker knew what he was talking about.

READ PRINT UNDER PICTURE

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

[img]
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline magooch

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 04:06:12 AM »
We need to enforce the immigration laws that we have; the emigration laws are what need to be reformed.  How about forced emigration of anyone who lives here, but hates it, or runs the country down, or advocates surrender to the external enemies of this country.  Wait a minute; that would wipe out half the Congress and maybe half the population.  Let's get er done!
Swingem

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 05:14:41 AM »
I had an e-mail this morning from Roy Beck (NUMBERSUSA), it seems the letter writing and phone calls are making a difference.  Several Senators that had previously not committed, one way or the other, are now opposed to the bill due to the number of people that have expressed their opposition to the bill.

A call to your Senator TODAY could be the difference in this bill passing or being thrown out. I just talked to aids from both of my Senator's offices, both said they had a rather unusual number of calls already this morning, most opposing the Kennedy bill, every call counts.

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 08:03:57 AM »
I also had an email from NumbersUSA and I sent a fax to Senator Shelby and one to Senator Sessions. Then I made a call to Senators Shelby and Sessions and told their aides my concerns on the amnesty bill and to not vote for it. The aides at both offices told me that the senators were voting against it.
AMM
The Mountain

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 12:32:06 AM »
  With my two senators..Chucky Schumer and Hitlary Clinton....I may as well call the local dog catcher...

I know my local dog catcher..he's an HONEST dog catcher...those other two are not qualified to be a dog catcher...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 04:15:16 PM »
Ironglow I feel your pain.  But there are a lot of them out there that refuse to do anything about the immigration problem.  Cockran and Lott, both Republicans from MS voted for the Kennedy bill.  With the economic situation in Mississippi, (low wages), education, and welfare problems, I can't believe the people aren't raising hell about the number of illegals moving in, taking their jobs, applying for welfare. and placing additional burdens on the educational system by insisting their children be taught in Spanish.

I guess the people there are like GB described, they are so in-tuned to longevity, that they fail to see the forest for the trees, and will continue to vote for them.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 05:12:06 PM »
  If our senators vote for this bill we have to throw the bums out.

I have called and emailed Norm Coleman here in MN and informed him of my opposition to the immigration bill.

I have also informed him that if he votes for this bill I will not support him in the next election and will campaign against him for a 3rd party candidate.

This taxation without representation is sickening.