Author Topic: Mueller Review (1)  (Read 1667 times)

Offline ihuntbucks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • A Real Regular
Mueller Review (1)
« on: May 27, 2007, 07:37:10 PM »
I was sent a very nice Mueller 3-10 x 44 Tac II scope to review.I plan to mount it on several rifles I own in the future.The first test,I mounted on a brand new Mini 14,using both factory and hand loaded ammo I ran about 500 rounds thru her today.After zeroing scope in at 104 yrds.(that what laser rangefinder said).It took me 7 shots to get where I wanted.First the glass is very clear and bright from edge-to-edge.You couldn't ask for any more.This scope has a fast adjust eyepiece,which I like much better than the ones with the lock ring.It is clear from 3 to 10.I left on 10.At 104 yards I could read the writing on my shoot-n-see targets.I also used my Bushnell spotting scope to check each shot to verify myself.Could hold in 10 most of the time.A few on the edge of ring and a little off.But very acceptable for a Mini 14,it's not a tack driver and it's not the scope's fought.The adjustments are in 1/4 moa.Dials work very smooth;you can feel and hear each click.I really like that.The scope stayed true for the entire session;of course there is not much recoil from a .223.But one test I didn't mean to do came out fine.I left the unloaded mini propped on my shooting bags to pick some of the brass I had scattered everywhere.When I turned around my rifle had fell off the bench onto the ground.Man,I said that's great.After dusting the rig off,I loaded a 10 round clip of Hrdy 55 gr. FMJBT's (hand loaded) and checked the Tac II out.Believe it or not,it was still zeroed.That ground here is very hard from no rain in several weeks and it didn't even hurt anything.So,I would say the Tac II is shock proof.I'm very pleased with the performance of the Mueller 3-10 x 44 Tac II with the Ruger Mini 14.Next week or so I plan to mount on my .3006  and then we'll try the Tac II's shock proof on my .45/70................Rick ( one happy camper)         
"Traveling East" F&AM #261  RAM #105  R&SM #69  KT #23 "Live for nothing;die for something"

Offline mattinPA

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Mueller Review (1)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 07:44:09 AM »
hello rick
Are you going to try this at different ranges? I would like to see how its zero holds up from 100 to 500 . that would be a good test to see if it goes back to true zero after shooting at different ranges. this would be a good job for the 06.

thanks for the review
matt

Offline ihuntbucks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 05:24:30 PM »
Yes Matt,I am.The scope is a mil-dot scope and I plan on trying them on my .3006 or my .308 or both.Am going to have to work on this,cuz I have never used mil-dots before.Plan on the "stress" test with my .45/70 with hot loads.Will let ya'll know on each rifle I try it on.Also,have got to do some dust shooting to see how will the scope gathers light....Rick
"Traveling East" F&AM #261  RAM #105  R&SM #69  KT #23 "Live for nothing;die for something"

Offline DEPUTY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 04:37:35 PM »
I have done repeatablity test  on several of my muellers out to 400yds they were fine and worked as advertised.

I can have my pick of any glass on the market... and i do have  quite a few nice ones,

I have 5 muellers. 2 swarvoskis 1 zeiss and 3 nikons (monarch golds) and 3 S&B

muellers are on all my loaner guns and 2 personal guns.