Author Topic: Swift Scopes  (Read 761 times)

Offline 270Handiman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Swift Scopes
« on: May 30, 2007, 10:29:59 AM »
Does anybody have any experience with Swift scopes?  A hunting buddy of mine has one and he loves it.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Swift Scopes
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 10:34:01 AM »
I have some of the Premier or Premium models, I would stay away from the Standard models, my son had one on his 30-06, not real clear edge to edge. But the Premiums are good scopes, although their price has gone up considerably since I bought one last. The Muellers are comparably priced and have a bit better glass IMO.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline 270Handiman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 10:46:58 AM »
I agree about the Premier line.  I just bought a used Premier Illuminated Reticle off ebay for$42 bucks.  This thing had a msrp of $499 new, so I had to take a chance.  Anyway, I'll report back when I get it.

Offline Luckyducker

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 02:05:29 PM »
My Son has one on his 22/250 that he bought because he didn't have enough money to buy a more expensive scope and he regrets that he bought it.  It is a Swift Premiere 6X-24X and on the lower magnification it is OK but when you crank up the power the clarity goes down the tube.  I won't be buying any Swift optics.

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 03:04:20 PM »
270 I posted some vary negative comments about the Swift scope Co. awhile back and had to EAT my own words, they stood behind their scope and even went a step beyond what I was expecting of them, like any thing you buy you are going to find a bad apple in some of the stuff we buy, but swift will and did make my problem go away and never had any problem again with their products, contact them about the scope problem you are having and at least give them a chanch to make it right for you.  JIM

Offline 31 bertram

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 02:30:46 PM »
I used to be a big fan of the Swift scopes but ended up giving away the last 676 4x12x40 AO Swift Premier that I bought. Swift has recently changed hands and that little yellow card that says: Send you optics to Dorchester Mass. for repairs is not right.  My scope came back 2 weeks after being sent priority with a note saying there is no such address.  So after 2 trips to a local Swift dealer and  finally finding the new company owners and half of the deer season gone, I ended up giving the piece of junk away.  I bought this Swift scope for a very nice 257wby Mark V.  After about 15 shots grouping went from 1 inch to 8 inches. Switched scopes (old Burris 3x9  FF II)  and went back to 1 inch. Done this several times and each time got the same results.  No more Swifts for me, I realized I could'nt afford them.   I'd run SWIFTLY away from those scopes.
31 bertram     

Offline Drilling Man

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 05:51:59 AM »
  I've seen a few of them shot loose too...  There's NO WAY i'm going to put one on a rifle i'm depending on for hunting...  When i sold scopes i called them junk, and i'm sticking by that statement.

DM

Offline Zachary

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 07:13:11 AM »
I bought this Swift scope for a very nice 257wby Mark V. 

What?  You put a $100 scope on a $1,000+ gun?  Don't get me wrong...a hunter/shooter does not need to mount a $1,000 scope on a $1,000 gun (although it wouldn't hurt), but it seems very awkward for me to have such a crappy scope on such a fine rifle.

Zachary

Offline 31 bertram

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 09:39:21 AM »
Zachary
Yep, I put a Swift on a nice Weatherby, had pretty good luck with my previous Swifts.  I did'nt have the $$$ to top it with Expensive glass at the moment but still wanted to shoot it some.  I guess you live and learn. 
31 bertram