Author Topic: new purchase  (Read 419 times)

Offline data

• Trade Count: (0)
new purchase
« on: June 06, 2007, 05:55:55 PM »
Hello, this is my first post and I am delighted to be here.  I recently purchased a Beeman air rifle the 125 dollar wall mart special in .177.  First impressions is ho-hum, the trigger is bad.  I got excited about the beeman name on the box but it is made in china, my intention for a low cost plinker was the american made crossman break barrel.  I think I will keep it. Accuracy is acceptable.  I really do not like the .177 caliber.  Reason is my 50 year old eyes.  You young men and women someday will understand.  Also I purchased the beeman gh950 .22 caliber. This is made in Spain and for the price, with scope, is 150 dollars and I have been very pleased.  I would recomend the gh950 but not the 1100.  Plans for the future is to save some money and add to my collection.  I really like shooting air rifles in my garage.  Thanks for reading.  Your freind and mine, data.

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
Re: new purchase
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 06:13:24 PM »
Dana..Welcome to GBO forums. I too have purchased a "Daisey" 177 from Walmart. It also was made in China for Walmart exclusively. It came with a cheap scope which is o.k. If China every had a US boycott of goods shipped here Walmart would be out of business in a flash.  ???

Offline data

Re: new purchase
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 06:51:17 PM »
Thanks for your reply.  I am thrilled.  I agree with your comment about wallmart.  I would like to see a gain of jobs in the US manufacturing sector for once.  I believe a strong manufacturing sector is needed for a strong nation.  Sorry this is one of my soap box subjects, please forgive me.