Author Topic: Want to bear hunt in N. CA next Fall?  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Dusty Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
Want to bear hunt in N. CA next Fall?
« on: January 05, 2007, 03:11:03 PM »
I really need to find a bear hunting partner in N. CA for the Fall hunt.  The Trinity Alps is my intended destination but if somebody thinks there's a better place I'm open to suggestions.  I'm going to be using a handgun of some sort but frankly I don't care if my partner uses a howitzer!!  Let me know if this sounds like your cup of tea. 
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline Matt in AK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Want to bear hunt in N. CA next Fall?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 11:20:13 AM »
Dusty,

Man, I sure wish I could commit that far in advance.  I'd love to spend a day with my 93-year-old great uncle in NoCal and then look for a nice color phase bear with ya.  Problem is we're moving to Florida in June/July and I likely won't know until August what Spetember will look like...though I do have 27 days of leave to burn before 1 October.  If it looks like you're still flying solo after we've moved let's talk.

Matt
Isaiah 6:8

Offline Freezer

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Want to bear hunt in N. CA next Fall?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 05:20:08 PM »
    Dusty that's something I'd be interested in.  I deer and bear hunt on Lake Shasta every year.  Had good results with deer and mixed with bear.  Won't be using a howitzer depending on terrain 308 to 450Marlin (Ok a Howitzer).  I live in the Bay Area and lost my hunting partner 3 yrs ago.  PM me if your interested in talking