Author Topic: Social Security and Immigration  (Read 715 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Social Security and Immigration
« on: June 07, 2007, 07:30:52 AM »
This is another one of those immigration related situations that should make your blood boil............

Social Security and immigration  
The Washington Times : June 3 , 2007  

The Bush administration should think twice about the U.S.-Mexico Social Security totalization agreement, which would have the effect of transferring an estimated $207 billion in Social Security assets by 2040 to 1.6 million Mexican workers and dependents. The majority of those cash benefits would go to Mexicans who worked illegally in the United States..."      In fiscal 2001, President Bush used the Social Security lock box that Al Gore cherished throughout the 2000 presidential campaign. By the end of the current fiscal year, Mr. Bush will have spent more than a trillion dollars in Social Security surpluses over the last five years. And he recently submitted a five-year budget plan (2008-12) that proposes to spend $1.2 trillion more in Social Security surpluses. Moreover, according to the latest trustees' report, the present value of Social Security's unfunded liabilities over the next 75 years is $4.8 trillion. Redeeming an additional $2 trillion in current trust fund bonds will almost certainly require dipping into general revenues, which would squeeze government operations everywhere else, including national security. Thus, the present value of Social Security's 75-year shortage is $6.8 trillion, and it's rising each year.

In a fiscally catastrophic environment like this, what's another $207 billion? Well, as former Republican Sen. Everett Dirksen once said, "A billion here, a billion there -- pretty soon it adds up to real money." By several orders of magnitude, a $100 billion here, a hundred billion there . . . So, yes, $207 billion is real money.

Thus, the Bush administration should think twice about the U.S.-Mexico Social Security totalization agreement, which would have the effect of transferring an estimated $207 billion in Social Security assets by 2040 to 1.6 million Mexican workers and dependents. The majority of those cash benefits would go to Mexicans who worked illegally in the United States. According to a recent study by TREA Senior Citizens League, a Social Security advocacy group, $207 billion represents the price tag of paying Social Security benefits to (a) 827,000 aliens from Mexico who used "non-work" Social Security numbers to work illegally in the United States; (b) Mexican citizens who overstayed their visas here and worked illegally; and (c) illegal aliens from Mexico "who entered the United States illegally on or after Jan. 1, 2004, and worked for at least 18 months," provided that immigration amnesty passes and they gain work authorization.

Beyond the Social Security benefits that would be collected by Mexicans who worked here illegally, their dependents "are also eligible for benefits and could increase the cost of totalized retiree benefits by as much as 50 percent," the TREA Senior Citizens League study asserts.

If Mr. Bush goes forward with his intention to sign this agreement, either chamber of Congress has 60 days to reject it. Both bodies should exercise that duty. In the meantime, as the ill-advised immigration "reform" bill makes its way through the Senate, the appropriate amendments should be passed to prevent illegal aliens from making Social Security's precarious finances worse than they already are.

Offline SHOOTALL

Re: Social Security and Immigration
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 09:21:23 AM »
Lame duck president !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Savage .250

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 10:41:08 AM »
 This is not a good time to be a Republican. Unless your an Illegal (south of the border) Republican.
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 10:50:38 AM »
do we have Senate and House docket numbers on this "item" yet?  I want to call my Congressrats and advise them that I do not want this as one of their constituents.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 08:31:50 AM »
I worked 37 years and paid Social Security all those years.  I retired from the Air Force with a service connected disability.  I continued to work till I was 53 years old and then my disability got so bad I could no longer work at the job I had been trained at.   (Pipefitter)  I applied for Social Security disability, and one year later my claim was denied, told to go find work.  By that time the VA revaluated me and determined that I was 100% unemployiable, and I started recieving compensation at the 100% rate.  Now I'm in a catch 22, Social Security telling me to go back to work, and if I go back to work I lose my VA compensation, and the VA counciler told me if I gave it up I would never get it back.  Therefore I appealed the Social Security decission.  It took one year for them to decide to answer my appeal.  One year later they told me it was going to trial, and I got an attorney.  One year later we went to trial and thanks to the letter from the VA doctor, and all the medical records I had recieved from the VA, I won the court case.  Six months later I finally started getting Social Security compensation, and had to pay the attorney $5,300.00.  The process took four and a half years.

This is an example of how they will not give Social Security to someone who has worked all his life and paid into the system.  Yet they give it to Illegials, or the elderly parents of illegials who marry Americians to become legal.  Or the eloderly parents of anchor babies, who  when they grow up, return to the US and bring their parents with them.  In other words they reward women for sneaking into the US to have their babies.  Or give it to single mothers that have never worked a day in their lives, when they have babies out of wedlock. 

I have met many people that have been denied SS disability compensation, that are just struggling by.  These are people with genuine disabilities.  They tell me that they don't have the money for an attorney to fight the SS adminastration, and the appeals process is too hard.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 10:23:41 AM »
I wish we could invest our money where we wanted not in a bankrupt program ! control your own destiny !

Offline jhm

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 12:52:15 PM »
Even when the President of the United States makes a ERROR in Judgment I still have enough RESPECT for him and MYSELF to referer to him with the PROPER title he has, I wouldn't  want anyone to think unkind of me for DISRESPECTING the office of the President Of the United States, If you cant refere to the man at the office he has held then your opinion means vary little.  JIM

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 04:31:23 PM »
JHM,

Don't take this the wrong way, but when the servants of the People (read....citizens) abrogate their oath of office and pander to a group who does not even have a right to vote, much less a right to MY Social Security dollars that I PAY into the system, then they are not worthy of my respect.   On the other hand, the Constitution of the United States gives me the right to refer to congressrats and El Presidente.      When the Mexicans and other illegals CONTRIBUTE Social Security and tax dollars to the system, I will give my respect.  Not one moment before.   But , as always, my opinion has the same value as all other opinions.

Jim
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 05:53:18 AM »
As far as illegals paying into the system many  do , every day ! I'm sure this is a shock to many of you but it happens , also they make more than 6 bucks an hour .
For those of you that said YEA RIGHT , to work anyone as an employer you must check SS card , picture ID or INS card , in some cases other ID is relevant . The law states if all looks in order you can work the applicant . At some point the SS ADM. will run a check to see if name , birth date and other information matches , it could take years for this check to take place , when it does we are alerted at which time we give the employee 2 weeks to get his paperwork in order . Some can and some can't ! the ones who can't leave ! Now all the taxes and SS are in the hands of the fed and state govt. Where does it go ? Why would anyone in GOVT. want to kill that cash cow ?
Now your reward for reading this far , Think about how many illegals are in OUR country with BS identification !
Feel safe ? you get in a wreck with an illegal , they get out and walk away , what have they lost ? nothing but a beater car , cause nothing ID's them as the owner since all the names are bogus ! Now look at all the things in life our ID is tied to , you getting the picture yet ?
We are getting mad for the wrong reason , how about school , medical ( they go to the hospital and never pay the bill ) ETC. ETC. ETC.
Now as far as respect , it must be earned or it is of little importance , but " respect the uniform ,if not the man " goes a long way !

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 07:09:20 AM »
Shootall:  You quote the law, that only applies to the law abiding people.  Many employers hire with out looking at q single piece of ID from the employee.  They can't do that?  Only if they get caught.  They pay cash under the table, or hire them as day labors.  New batch every day, just the same faces. 

The main people I am concerned about are the people that come over here and have never paid a dime into SS but are recieving benifits.  I see it every day in large numbers.  One example:  GI goes to Korea, marries a Koreian woman, nothing wrong with that.  Then after she gets here, she gets her citisenship, and she is told how she can bring her family over.  She brings her parents and brothers and sisters all over here.  Her parents are elderly, so she applies for Social Security for them. Her brothers and sisters are under age so she also applies for Social benifits for them as well.  Then she divorces her husband, and gives her full attention to applying for social programs to help the poor.  She gets up every week day and goes to the state unemployment office to apply for a day labor position.  She is hired every morning by the same firm, and goes to the same desk, and picks up where she left off yesterday.  She has been doing this for seven years.  No taxes, going out for her.  Yet our taxes are supporting her family. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 11:45:12 AM »
It is a well known fact that the majority of the illegals are paid in cash to eliminate an audit trail for the tax man. Paying in cash helps both the employer and the employee as no records are normally kept.  That makes it awful hard to prove a tax fraud case.

Interesting, and this is only one State, what is going on nationwide?...............If this doesn't open your eyes nothing will!.

From the L.A. Times

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County ( L.A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on
    Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican
    nationals here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely
    illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish.
     (There are 10.2 million people in L.A. County).

(All of the above are from the Los Angeles Times)
Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare.

Over 70% of the United States ' annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration.

29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.     

We are a bunch of fools for letting this continue.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 03:27:46 PM »
ya'll are correct , and i don't like it either but until it hurts the pockets of our leaders GOVT or PRIVATE don't hold your breath for change ! shame ain't it ?

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 04:33:04 AM »
Bending over for illegal aliens is the last gasp for Bush.  It he leaves a legacy of legitimizing those illegals and giving them the US treasury he hopes to catch the rung on the presidential ratings ladder above Warren G. Harding.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 04:59:32 AM »
One might say he is up to his back side in DAMAGE CONTROL at this point ! and not all the trouble was started by him !
I don't agree with all PRESIDENT BUSH has done , but i have to admire him for trying to do something , he hasn't sit around blaming everyone else for what he has had to deal with ! To say his plate is full is an understatement , a war on two fronts and a natural disaster or two ! i keep hearing about the great generation of WW-2 fame , maybe we should intern the immigrants like they did back then or ration gas like back then . here in the USA its been business as usual for the most part which didn't happen back then !
As far as ratings , I  don't believe he cares !
I don't care to see Ms. Clinton become pres. but if she does i will respect her and her position ! and work to vote her out not complain 24/7