Author Topic: Jukar "Kentucky Pistol"  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Slurrytank

• Trade Count: (0)
Jukar "Kentucky Pistol"
« on: November 13, 2006, 03:48:07 AM »
I recently purchased a used but quite clean cap and ball pistol to put by our fireplace next to my TC Hawken. The dealer called it a Kentucky pistol. It is marked      JUKAR  xxxxxxx   SPAIN
Does anyone have experience with these. It is supposed to be a .45. I would like to shoot it but need suggestions on powdwer loads,etc.

Offline Sir Charles deMoutonBlack

• Contributor
Re: Jukar "Kentucky Pistol"
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 04:58:48 AM »
I bought a kit at Track, many years ago.  Loads the same as my .45 ML rifle, but with less powder.  Mine feels "clubby", but shoots as well as custom tackdrivers that I've shot against.  I think you have a great shooter. Your new child should be out playing rather than just hangin' around the house.

Offline bubba15301

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 01:17:59 PM »
it is a cva brand
BUBBA

Offline jbtazgrabber

• Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 05:17:56 PM »
ive had a bunch of these fine junkers as i call them......cva brand pistols.....the kentuck has a long barrel so they usally shoot pretty good......some of the newer models have adjustable triggers......take the lock off a see if there is a small screw on the inside if yes it is adjustable.............pyrodex book recomends pistol pyro at 37 measured grains .....max. load with a 440 roundball...........for a gusstemated speed of 820 fps........hope this helps.......i usally only use 30 measured grain myself.............jb

Offline toysoldier

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 04:21:36 PM »
Jukar---brings back memories. My first decent muzzleloader was a .50 percussion Hawken-style Jukar rifle kit, made in Spain, as I recall. Guessed at the powder load, and it would lift my front foot when fired. Turned out I was loading 120 grains. Sold it 'cause I'm a lefty.

Offline blhof

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 03:56:17 AM »
My brother and I bought a 45 Kentucky kit many years ago as scouts.  It killed many a rabbit, a real learning tool.  It came with a copper flask with a 26gr spout, so that is what I always shot it with.  The limited shooting instructions at the time warned about overloading and not seating the ball and that was about it.  Wish I still had it; we built that in the early 60's