Author Topic: POLYTECH or NORINCO M1A / M14 Which One?  (Read 762 times)

Offline sherppa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
POLYTECH or NORINCO M1A / M14 Which One?
« on: May 30, 2007, 04:29:40 AM »
Which is better the POLYTECH or the NORINCO?  I know Springfield is top of the line but but finances are forcing me in the direction of something less expensive.

Appreciate any and all input.

sherppa 

Offline GrassLakeRon

• A Real Regular
Re: POLYTECH or NORINCO M1A / M14 Which One?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 03:30:24 PM »
Hi,

I had a Polytech M-14 when they first were imported.  After several dozens misfires, it needed some work. I shot less then 10 rounds before it went to hell.  Which ever one you pick, shot it if you can first.  Have a gunsmith look it over.  As far as I know Polytech is an arm of Norinco, it is still chinesse military. Good Luck.

Ron

Offline LEO

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 03:35:28 AM »
I picked up a Norinco several years ago as part of a trade.  I took the rifle to the range and shot it a couple of times.  The rifle was not very accurate and occasionally doubled.  You can make a Norinco into a good rifle, a buddy of mine has one that he has reworked and it is a fine shooter.  But if you don't have the parts laying around it would cost more than buying a Springfield to start with unless you get the rifle for nearly nothing.  Obviously, I don't know anything about your situation but my suggestion would be to save a little longer and buy a Springfield, while they are not the rifles that they used to be, if you do have a problem Springfield will make it right where as with the Norinco you are on your own.  With that said, the M1A is a fine rifle system and will serve you well in a variety of roles from plinking, target shooting, hunting and protection. 

Offline sherppa

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 05:38:35 PM »
Thanks guys,  I think I go with your advice and hold out for the Springfield.

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 09:57:16 PM »
I just hate supporting the communist Chinese government.
Plus you really do get what you pay for. Sure Springfields are overpriced, but at least you are supporting American gun makers, and you get a real M1A that works.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline totallycustom

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 06:54:27 PM »
I second your thoughts exactly old griz, no chinese guns in this house, no way no how.  I buy as little imported anything as possible.   If you cant afford one now just wait until you can. Or look at buying something else in place of the m1a. 

-TC-
-TC-