Author Topic: looking at buying a scope  (Read 598 times)

Offline Sid22

• Trade Count: (0)
looking at buying a scope
« on: June 13, 2007, 11:12:43 AM »
I'm looking at a Leapers 3-9x32mm Range Estimating A.O. Full Size Scope. This may be a dumb question, but what do all the numbers mean? What's A.O.? This is going to be used on a Crosman Quest 1000. Thanks...Sid

Offline Nathan H

Re: looking at buying a scope
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 02:36:15 PM »
Try this link. it's geared more to powder firearms but the info applies to airguns as well

http://hunting.about.com/od/guns/a/scopes.htm

HTH
regards
nathan

Offline centershot

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 03:47:40 AM »
The 3-9 is the power range - how many times the image is magnified by the scope. the 32 is the size of the objective lens in mm. The A/O stands for Adjustable Objective - this adjusts the parallex for a given distance and also focuses the scope for that distance. Hope this helps.

FWIW The leapers is supposed to be a good airgun scope for the money. I'm going to purchase a Bushnell Banner 3.5-10X36 for my RWS M-34P this weekend. The Banners are supposed to be a good $100 scope also.

Offline plateshooter

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 11:58:08 AM »
I have that same scope and am very happy with it.  I own 6 scoped break barrel air rifles with 6 different scopes on them and the leapers is my favorite.  I have it on a Gamo 440 which is pretty close to the Quest 1000 and am going to buy another one for a Gamo CFX in 22 cal.  The leapers comes with flip open lens covers which are a must have for me.  Enjoy your new scope what ever you decide.
one shot, one plate