Author Topic: Barska Airgun Scope 4x 32mm  (Read 663 times)

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Barska Airgun Scope 4x 32mm
« on: July 16, 2007, 05:08:14 AM »
I'm not an "airgun conisour" by any stretch, but I bot a Gammo hunter about 2 months ago and plinked with it somewhat. I figured I needed a scope to make it "better" so I picked up a  Barska Airgun Scope 4x and mounted it to the Gammo.

From the limited shooting I have done at paper with this setup, it seems like a fairly accurate gun\scope setup. I'm shooting  Crosman Premier Airgun Pellets 177 Caliber 7.9 Grain Hollow Points out of it.

I don't know the longevity of these Barska scopes, but I guess I'll find out. Any one have any input on these? Did I make a decent buy? ($30) Or are these scopes a major POS? I know how some feel about the Gammo rifles, so no sense in reliving your feelings here. I don't think there a bad gun for the bucks. If I wanted to kill a buck with an air gun I would have spent $700 on one, but that's not the objective of this purchase.

Thanks

Dave

Offline AirCajun

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Barska Airgun Scope 4x 32mm
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 10:16:04 AM »
Well, I've got 5 Barska 3-9x40 AO MilDot scopes and have had no problems.  If you are getting good accuracy with your scope, don't worry about it, just shoot and have fun.  If your scope is air gun rated it is likely tough enough, but if it is not an AO type, you may have parallex problems - but it sounds like you are doing great with yours.  I have mine mounted mostly on mid-powered springers but one is on a magnum and still holding up after about a year or more.

Cheers

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 02:44:24 PM »
Thanks,

Yes, this scope is air gun rated. I've been plinking with it for the last few days and I must say that a decent scope on an air gun makes a word of difference in hitting what you are aiming at. This scope has a parallex adjusment feature on it, and although I've personally given up all hope of understanding parallex, I just know that when I set it to the range I'm aiming at, the target is clear and I hit it. What more do I need to know? ;D

Dave

Offline AirCajun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 03:25:24 PM »
That's all the information you really need!  ..LOL   ...Looks like you are well on your way to some great times.

Cheers