Author Topic: new sportster  (Read 770 times)

Offline zoner

• Trade Count: (53)
new sportster
« on: December 07, 2008, 10:49:47 AM »
just dropped into my local gun gettin place and ordered(and paid for) a brand new Sportster 22lr....base price 149 bucks...out the door after paying every fee they can think of...185 bucks.....that's the way things go here in sunny Kalifornia

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: new sportster
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 11:01:21 AM »
I was just shooting mine today!!  ;D ;D ;D You will LOVE IT!!!

You going to scope it? If so I will recomend a paralax adj scope. It really makes a difference with the rimfires as most scopes are intended for centerfires and have there paralax set for 100 yards. You also dont need to break the bank. Thats coming form a guy who only recomends Leupold scopes for centerfires!! I picked up a new Simmons last season and love it!! 4X12X40 AO, it was under 100 bucks.

Personally, I'm getting ready for the end of Deer season and the start of my shooting tree rats!!!! CB Longs shoot about an inch @ 25yards. RWS shorts about half that and SGB long rifles touching at 50yards. WITH the LIMBSAVER barrel de-resonator... Check out the threads on it, it REALLY worked well for me!!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline zoner

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 11:41:09 AM »
i have a 4X Bushnell Banner that isn't busy at this time...I was gonna put that on the 22 and see how it worked out....i've already seen your deresonator threads and am impressed...pretty cool the way your groups tightened as you slowly moved it closer to the forend

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 11:51:40 AM »
i have a 4X Bushnell Banner that isn't busy at this time...I was gonna put that on the 22 and see how it worked out....i've already seen your deresonator threads and am impressed...pretty cool the way your groups tightened as you slowly moved it closer to the forend

I am the biggest suspect of such things... Its almost like I didn't WANT it to work... but it did!!!

Now I have about 6 of them on various calibers/barrels!!!  ::) ::) ;D

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline zoner

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 12:22:34 PM »
me too CW...i'm not the first guy to try the new gadget