Author Topic: KEL TEC PLR 16  (Read 686 times)

Offline Ghostrider_23

• Trade Count: (0)
KEL TEC PLR 16
« on: June 07, 2007, 02:49:47 AM »
I have been thinking about getting a Kel Tec PLR 16 Chambered in 223. I have an AR 15 & AK 47 and wanted to complete my collection.

My question is, are the PLR 16 worth the money they cost???

Have they had any problems in function or materials????

How accurate are they at 75 yds?????

Are they fun to shoot????

Those of you who have them or have shot them, do you like them and would you recommend getting one?????

What do you like and dislike about them?????

Offline blakdimnd

Re: KEL TEC PLR 16
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 11:33:57 AM »
I've got one.  They are a blast to shoot - but really REALLY loud. :o Definitely need the handguard that KT sells, and their muzzle brake is supposed to tame the muzzle flip.  Might google for kel tec forums, as there are a few good ones out there that discuss this and others (PM me for details).

I haven't had a real good chance to sight mine in, the factory sights leave much to be desired.  Others have reported good results.  I've tried a couple of red-dot optics, but may have to try my Eotech on there. 

Its not recommended to shoot Wolf or other ammo out of them.

It is a niche weapon, if you have an AR - the mags will work which is nice - flexibility.

The only drawback is it gets expensive to shoot  ;D   And you can't put a vertical foregrip on there without the ATF paperwork. :'(

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 10:48:50 AM »
Its not recommended to shoot Wolf or other ammo out of them.

What's wrong with the Wolf stuff?
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 03:25:59 PM »
 we melted down one and another would not function if the railed handguards were installed  and used with a  vertical foregrip  no thanks

Offline Savage

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 07:35:01 AM »
To me the PLR-16 would have rather limited usefulness. It has the limitations of a pistol and nearly the bulk of a carbine. I'm sure the "Gee Whiz" factor could be reason enough to own one tho----------- ;D
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,