Author Topic: Missing post ??  (Read 322 times)

Offline oldbadger

• Trade Count: (0)
Missing post ??
« on: July 16, 2007, 06:01:31 AM »
  I just posted a question and it seemed to disappear ??

It was about any difference between the SB1 and SB2 with the firing pin and the clearance or tolerance between it and the receiver .

Doesn’t seem to be a question that should be deleted for some reason !!!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Missing post ??
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 06:05:56 AM »
Shooting a rifle barrel on a shotgun frame isn't a safe thing to do and discussion of such isn't condoned here at GBO. You can see the differences in frames in the FAQs, the larger firing pin and hole surrounding the pin have caused problems when folks try to shoot centerfire rifle barrels on SB1 frames, not to mention the pressure differences between shotgun and CF rifle chamberings and the effect on the frame strength.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline oldbadger

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 06:25:24 AM »

The search doesn't seem to work for me -- I'm sure this is where the small hornet barrel on the SB1 was discussed before ..

I do realize about the high pressure rounds and the two differences in receivers with the heat treating – was just wondering about the tolerances of each ..

Thanks  oldbadger

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 06:30:42 AM »
The GBO link below is a warning from a member who tried a 223 barrel on an older H&R shotgun frame which isn't a lot different than an SB1 frame as far as design and strength. The SAAMI maximum average pressure for the Hornet is 43kcup, the highest of any shotgun pressure is 14kpsi, so it's easy to see why there might be a problem, particularly with the larger firing pin hole.  ;)http://www.frfrogspad.com/miscellk.htm#pressure

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,121724.msg1098413838.html#msg1098413838

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 07:09:21 AM »
Badger
I doubt your post was deleted.  Posts like that are usually how newbies to the Handi learn what to do and what not to do.  I post things and sometimes they never show up????

I have no idea where they go, lost in Al Gores' internet space somewhere I suppose ;D
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 07:33:50 AM »
I deleted it and sent oldbadger an explanation. ;)

Tim

Offline oldbadger

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 08:06:50 AM »

OK Guys -- case closed for me. I think the primer working it's way back between the firing pin and reciever with this load is a sure sign for me to move this barrel over to a SB2.

Thanks  oldbadger