Author Topic: Long Range Sniper Saftey Act of 2007  (Read 784 times)

Offline wcf3030

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it."

Offline 35Rem

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
    • Remington Model 8 and 81 Autoloading Rifles
Re: Long Range Sniper Saftey Act of 2007
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 05:09:59 AM »
"...regardless of caliber, if such rifle is capable of firing a projectile that attains a muzzle energy of 12,000 foot-pounds or greater in any combination of bullet, propellant, case, or primer.'."

That's pretty interesting wording...

Another attempt to get anything they want. This is Bill S 1331 IS, according to the site. Another bad one from the "Brady Bunch"
Remington Model 8 and 81 Autoloading Rifles
http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety.com/
Vintage Semiauto Rifles
http://vintagesemiautorifle.proboards105.com/index.cgi

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 10:42:30 AM »
The anti-guns nuts just never quit. They remind me of a bunch of clowns!  >:(
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 03:03:06 PM »

"Stupid liberals"..( a prime redundancy)..There is already a law against murder..enforce the ones we have..DUH !

Boneheaded liberals will try to pass all kinds of draconian laws to limit our freedoms..

They somehow think this will guarantee that killers will get the maximum penalty..then they and their trial-lawyer friends will run right out when the next cold blooded killer gets convicted..and try to get him out of prison...DUH !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 03:58:58 PM »
Look who sponsered the bill. It would be a holiday if these clowns ever all got in the same plane and did a Wellstone!  >:( >:( >:( Of course we will never be that lucky. What a bunch of pukes!  >:(
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 12:03:20 PM »
   More Dumacrats tricks; trying to solidify their looney-left base...Such laws don't have to make any sense, because they are appealing to a crowd that doesn't have any sense !

That law is really necessary !...LOL

How many people in this whole nation have been killed by a sniper using just such a weapon ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 12:58:39 PM »
Good question!
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 02:56:56 PM »
Here is a link that may answer the crimes with a 50 question.  Not counting "possession" crimes, and the waco debacle, I count the answer to the question as 3.

ST762

http://www.vpc.org/snipercrime.htm2
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 03:10:08 PM »
Your link doesn't work.
AMM
The Mountain

Offline ~Ace~

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
  • Over Educated Under Achiever
    • TN Predators.com
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 03:17:39 PM »
Delete the 2 off the end ...... http://www.vpc.org/snipercrime.htm

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 02:21:50 AM »
I took a look at that site and found out that it's from the Violence Policy Center. That's an organization that wants to ban gun shows, ban handguns and just generally leave us out here to defend ourselves with nothing more than a sling shot and spear. Whatever is posted on their site, you can believe that you're gonna only read what they want you to read, not the whole story.

The fact is, you just don't hear of any crimes being committed with a 50 caliber sniper rifle.
AMM
The Mountain

Offline SwampThing762

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 03:48:44 AM »
Almtnman,

I googled "50 caliber sniper crimes" and that was the best page that showed as a result.    A question was asked and I attempted to answer it.   It was the question to which you posted, and I quote, "Good question!".     I don't care for the source of the information either.  If you can find a better source, post a link.   In the meantime, my answer as stated above remains the same.....not counting "possession" charges and the Waco debacle, the answer appears to be 3.   Discount the source or take the info in its face,  I tried to answer a question.    Furthermore, gunowners as a whole should be standing united, not bickering amongst themselves because they don't like where a piece of information comes from.

ST762

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 04:48:19 AM »
SwampThing762, I wasn't rebuking you as I had figured that you had found that link by a Google search. I was more or less letting anyone know that what they post, you're not going to get the whole story. They will only put out info to their advantage. I read through some of the articles they posted and kept wondering to myself, are we getting the complete story or fragments of it. We also need to go to their site sometimes just to see what they are trying to get across. I haven't did any searches on 50 caliber sniper crimes, but I would bet that NRA or GOA might have some pertinent info. I did try to search out and see what name the Violence Policy Center went by before. It seems like it might have been handgun control or something similar to that and they changed their name sweeten it up some.  :)
AMM
The Mountain

Offline SwampThing762

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 08:37:30 AM »
I took the tone of your post the wrong way, then.   Still, we should try to find other sources of information than the VPC.   

ST762