Author Topic: Beretta carbine  (Read 635 times)

Offline jwm

• Trade Count: (0)
Beretta carbine
« on: July 10, 2007, 02:45:37 PM »
Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with the Beretta CX4 Storm carbine?  I've found one locally that's calling out to me.  Accuracy?  Comfort?  Fun?  I'm thinking of using it just as a behind-the-barn tin-can plinker and general fun gun.

Thanks in advance

John

Offline K.K

• A Real Regular
Re: Beretta carbine
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 02:06:38 PM »
John, I do not own one, but I have shot one a little bit. They are a pussy-cat to shoot, especially in 9mm. The accuracy is pretty good, and the accessories make it very fun to shoot (vertical forearm, light, laser, bipod, etc) the one I shot was utterly reliable.  It shoud fit the bill nicely as a plinker, fun-gun, and defense weapon. I never shot it for groups, just as you stated, fun, plinking!

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 02:08:46 PM »
I would love to have one in 45 ACP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline jwm

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 02:41:22 PM »
Thanks, guys.  K.K., that's what I was hoping to hear, and probably what my wife was hoping I wouldn't hear.  It looks like it will be fun, and I'm picking it up tomorrow.  It'll be strictly a plinker, though, because we subjects of Canuckistan have been informed by the justice department that owning a firearm for personal defence is totally forbidden in this great land of ours.  I kid you not.

Cheese, I couldn't agree more on your caliber choice.  This is a used gun, so you gotta take it or leave it, and I'm taking it.  At least 9mm is way cheaper up here than .45.

Thanks again

John

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 03:03:12 PM »
I seen one all tricked out at a local hardware/gun store in 45 acp and it too, was calling out to me. I had to let it go since I was picking up a new AR at the time.

Cheese

Offline K.K

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 03:47:31 PM »
JWM,

I hope that you enjoy your new rifle. I always tell my wife that my guns retain and appreciate their value, as opposed to her clothes, which....Well, you know!

Plinking it is then! It's a good one, and the 9mm is cheaper to feed. (although I agree that the .40 or .45 would be more my taste in defense guns). for plinking, the 9mm is hard to beat. Let us know how you like it!

K.K

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 04:33:26 PM »
JWM,

If you do not mind me asking, how much did it cost you?

I like carbines very much. I have 3, an M1 carbine, a Ruger Deerfield 44 mag carbine and a Marlin Camp Carbine in 45 acp.

Cheese

Offline jwm

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 04:04:55 PM »
Finally picked up the CX4 today.  I couldn't get it last weekend as I'd hoped, because after driving 110 kms to the shop, the CFC (Canadian Firearms Centre) computer in its infinite wisdom held back the registration.  This happens once in a great while, usually when you have made a long drive to pick up a gun.  Finally got back there today and got it.

Cheese, the carbine cost me $1200 Cdn.  Before you have a coronary, keep in mind that the price included the cost of installing a 18.5-inch barrel to make it a "non-restricted" weapon.  If I had retained the 16.5-inch barrel of the stock gun, it would have been registered as a restricted weapon, meaning that I could use it only at a government-approved range.  The extra 2 inches of steel tube allows me to legally use it anywhere I want, and since I want to use it on my home range, it was an essential expense.  (I love my country, it's the government I can't stand.)

It's a sweetheart to shoot.  My eyesight doesn't agree as well with iron sights as it used to, but I can keep 10 rounds inside 4.5 inches at 50 yards.  Recoil is negligible, the sound is very cool (a greatly under-rated fun factor), and I can't wait to get the top rail so I can slap on a red dot sight.  The specs say that it weighs 6 pounds, but it feels much lighter.

So far I'm a happy camper.

John