Author Topic: Benjamin EB-22 Trigger Help  (Read 1427 times)

Offline casper_zip

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Contributor
Benjamin EB-22 Trigger Help
« on: August 04, 2007, 04:27:06 AM »
Hey all:  :)

I am in need of help for my EB-22 Benjamin CO2 pistol. I would like info/schematic, or help on how to do it to get a good trigger pull on this baby. It shoots hard, I really like it, but it ain't no target gun. I guess I've been spoiled over the years, but nothing beats an accurate gun.

Please help me. If I pull it down to work on the trigger myself, what dangers are there about the seals, etc. I am familiar with doing trigger work on other non pellet guns. Are there any places that have PDF files or schematics ?

Thanks and all the best,

Casper_zip  :) :) :)

Offline Charles/NM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Benjamin EB-22 Trigger Help
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 06:46:43 PM »
Since nobody has offered up any advice I'll give it a go.
There is nothing you can damage or injure by working on the trigger of this pistol. The two main things that create a heavy pull in these pistols are the sear spring and depth of sear engagement.
Start by taking off the right grip panel.  Inside you will find two pins; one for the trigger and one for the sear.  There will also be a spring that puts pressure on the sear to make it engage the striker. You want to make that spring's tension lighter.  If it's a mousetrap spring with two arms and a coiled section in the middle you can bend it to make it lighter or do what I did with the BE-22's vintage cousin, my Benjamin Franklin 137.  I changed it to a coil spring - see pic below. I made the brass tip for the spring so it would fit good against the sear. Your EB-22 may already have a coil sear spring. If it does take it to a hardware store and find another one thats the same outside diameter but weaker and cut it to fit your pistol. If you gt too light the sear might not engage so you will have to experiment.
To limit sear engagement in my BF 137 I attached a piece of wire to the top of the sear where is rests against the pistol's frame to make it drop into the striker's rim less.  I filed the wire down until I got reliable sear action.  Again see picture.
I hope this helps.  If not post a picture of the innards of your pistol and we can go from there.
I don't know of any schematics or drawings of your pistol's insides that are on the web.

Offline Charles/NM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 06:54:54 PM »
I found a drawing that should be the same as your pistol. I think Sheridan and Benjamin pistols are the same.
In my post above the mouse trap sear spring I replaced is number CS647 in the drawing.
http://www.chambersgunmakers.co.uk/Sheridan%20plans/E17-22%20etc%20plan.htm
That link doesn't always work for me. This web site doesn't like you going in thru a side door, lol.
If you have trouble go to: www.chambersgunmakers.co.uk/
Click on "Airgun Spares", "Spares List", then on "Sheridan" and then on "E17-22". That should get you there.
That site is a pain to get into sometimes. Try this if you can't get in:
http://www.chambersgunmakers.co.uk/Model%20Index%20Page.htm

Offline casper_zip

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 10:54:14 AM »
Hello Charles:

Wow, you have made my day. Thank you so much. I now have hope. I tried all 3 of the internet sites, and, was unable to connect to any of them. Wish I could tell you how much I appreciate this info. This is what makes the forums so great. I was beginning to think that people no longer enjoyed the air guns.

I'll keep trying and see if I can get the sites that have the diagrams, and tomorrow I'll see what mine looks like on the inside. Again, thank you so much and if you can help any more, I'll greatly appreciate that, too.

All the best,

Casper_zip

Offline casper_zip

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 11:28:43 AM »
Hello again Charles:

I took the grips off both my pistols, and both have the rat trap spring. Tonite is church nite, and hopefully, I'll be able to try and do some work on these babies. With a good trigger and better sites, no telling what the babies could do. I love both the 177 and 22 alike and shoot them about every day.

Will keep you informed on my progress and I'll try and get some pics tomorrow.

All the best,

casper_zip