Author Topic: Favorite Place to order Harley Parts....?  (Read 459 times)

TM7

Favorite Place to order Harley Parts....?
« on: July 21, 2007, 07:21:02 AM »
What might be your favorite supplier to order your Harley parts from?  Looks like I'm in need of a chain, shift foot lever, pegs, and bunch of other stuff on my old Sportster 1200.  Thanx all.

....TM7

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Favorite Place to order Harley Parts....?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 10:16:12 AM »
Got some pretty good deals on a kuryaken inner primary cover and other misc. chrome pieces on ebay. They sell all kinds of parts there. Shifter and footpeg? Sounds like you laid it down, hope you're okay.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline tucoblue

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 08:26:01 PM »
I've been dealing with JP Cycle. No issues to date.

Offline Glanceblamm

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 02:47:13 AM »
TM7

Try an "O" Ring chain if you haven't done so already. This chain has the rubber "o" rings on every link with the rollers being packed with grease.
You will find an incredible difference in the amount of times that you won't have to tighten the chain as well as the total life of it as compared to a standard chain.
This chain will still need to be lubed like you regularly do and some of those aerosols like (Chain Wax) work great while being formulated to condition and protect those "o" rings.

If your chain is currently catching or popping, or if you can pull the chain more than 1/2 the tooth lenght at the 3 O'clock position on the rear sprocket while facing the sprocket,
You will need to  replace both front & rear sprockets as they will quickly ruin the new chain if you don't.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 04:18:16 AM »
What might be your favorite supplier to order your Harley parts from?  Looks like I'm in need of a chain, shift foot lever, pegs, and bunch of other stuff on my old Sportster 1200.  Thanx all.

....TM7

TM7, if you guys will stop taking those Harleys out of the back of those pickups they will stop breaking down. Maybe! :o ::) ;D ;D ;D

Sorry, I just couldn't resist, poking a little at the motorcycle mechanic's training aid. ;D
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 08:04:33 AM »
i either make my own parts or go to the local machine shop.  use your imagination and ingenuity.

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 12:35:38 PM »
Yep,,tried J & P Cycles. But funny how their web site just doesn't like to load real well on my connection.

Grimm,,,Nope,,didn't go down or get hit by a women in a SUV talking on her cell phone turning left  ::)
Just want to make more comfortable in my old age.

....TM7
glad to hear it. I don't know what kind of budget you have for this project but maybe a belt drive conversion would work better than a chain for you. I have a '90 flhs and a '98 ultra classic both with belts and after having to adjust the chain on my '79 sporty all the time as well as the tighter throttle response I won't go back to a chain drive.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?