Author Topic: First AR  (Read 595 times)

Offline damascusblade5

• Trade Count: (4)
First AR
« on: August 02, 2007, 02:33:50 PM »
I finally joined the ranks and got my first black rifle. It is a Smith&Wesson M&P 15. Can anyone tell me if other rifle accessories will work on it and if it is a good rifle.
As my good friend William Lee Golden sings"Thank God For Kids"

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: First AR
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 11:59:03 PM »
Don't have any first hand knowledge of the S&W ARs, but I'm sure they're good as any.  Accessories,-----------oh yeah! There are enough "accessories" available to hang on an AR to quickly turn a light, fast handling battle rifle into a very poor club in no time. My ARs handle very well with an optic sight and a white light, but there is no shortage of useless stuff to hang on one. Enjoy your AR!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline jasonprox700

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 03:11:25 AM »
Most AR parts are interchangeable.  Same with accessories. Stocks, forearms, rails, lights, lasers, optics, grenade launcher, I even saw a shotgun barrel someplace.  The possibilities are limitless.

Offline damascusblade5

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 03:12:38 PM »
The only things I would want are a flashlight and a laser, shot it today for the first time, need to figure out how to adjust the sites,seems to be shooting real low at 35 yards.
As my good friend William Lee Golden sings"Thank God For Kids"

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 10:54:03 AM »
Check your manual. You will need to do an initial sight adjustment, and then sight it in.
You start by adjusting your rear sight to mechanical center as a starting point for windage. Your coarse elevation adjustment will be made at the front sight. Then you go to the range and zero it in. This is all assuming you have A2 sights on your Smith. All this should be in your owner's manual.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,