Author Topic: Kel-Tec PF-9 tiny single stack 9mm  (Read 4288 times)

Offline Glockman

• Trade Count: (0)
Kel-Tec PF-9 tiny single stack 9mm
« on: May 01, 2007, 09:49:21 AM »
This very affordable and concealable pistol is cute as a button.   The problem is the holster makers haven't caught on yet.  My research has lead me to JS holsters.  The offer a leather pocket model and a kydex belt holster.  Check their web site.

Offline camsdaddy

• Avid Poster
Re: Kel-Tec PF-9 tiny single stack 9mm
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 10:46:40 AM »
I am watching this one. I have a P32 that is my always when I dont need a gun gun. I love it and have been pleased.I am waiting until they have made a few. Keltec is really good about listening to their customers and generally release a 2nd edition that has any flaws fixed so I think I will wait till they have been in production for awhile. Also from reading the KTOG board they are not real easy to come by right now.

Offline Savage

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 02:09:11 PM »
Got mine back in December. The pistol is accurate and reliable. Not to mention thin and light. It's too big for a pocket pistol, at least for my pockets. Ugly bald guy makes holsters for them if anyone is interested.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Savage

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 05:30:13 AM »
Tried to post this pic a litte earlier, so I'll try again!
This is a pic of my PF-9 with my P3AT for size comparison.

Savage

Offline DPRinks

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 11:37:57 AM »
I was on another forum, the P3-AT came up and several posters said it had a decent trigger, but the grip was so thin and short it beat up the hand quite a bit if more than 5 or 6 shots were fired, this came from women as well as men.
I tried a P11, in my opinion it has the longest, hardest and roughest trigger I have ever tried.
I have not had a chance to try the trigger on the PF 9,but it is supposed to have a trigger about the same as the P3-AT.
I would like to hear from someone who has a PF 9 about the trigger pull on it.
D. Rinks

Offline Savage

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 03:41:44 PM »
The PF9 trigger is identical to the P3AT. Much lighter, smoother, and shorter than the P-11. It also lacks the second strike capability of the P-11 if that is important to you. It also will do a number on your hand if you fire more than 50 rds or so at a session. The only time I do that is for qualifications anyway. As this pistol is designed as a small light carry piece, that's not a problem to me. These pistols are not plinkers!
Savage

Offline DPRinks

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 04:38:24 PM »
Savage;
I have a Hi Point C9 for practice and qualification, a really nice shooting pistol with a decent DAO trigger, so shooting 50 rounds with a PF-9  is not in view.
I may get a P3-AT, just to carry, but really like to have a 9mm, just do not like the .380.
Oh well, may not get my druthers.
The P3-AT is really easy to conceal, the Hi Point and my N frame S&W revolvers are very much NOT easy to conceal, would have to wear Carhartt coveralls to do that and I would look funny in 100' Texas weather wearing them, also have heat stroke.
D. Rinks

Offline totallycustom

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 08:11:09 AM »
There is a new article on Gunblast.com about it. They are saying good things. - TC-
-TC-

Offline Savage

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 10:30:47 AM »
DPRinks,
Don't get me wrong, the Pf-9 is quite easy to conceal, just a little big for a pocket pistol. It is still quite small compared the the Hi Point or N frame. I qualified the PF-9 as a backup to my duty gun. I shoot it rarely, just run a mag of my carry ammo thru it on range trips. I read on the forums where some owners of the PF-9 shoot thousands of rounds thru these little guns, then complain that they are uncomfortable to shoot and break frequently. Used in the manner they were designed, they will last for years.
Savage