Author Topic: Re: Parrott Rifle On Craigslist  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Mike H.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Parrott Rifle On Craigslist
« on: November 01, 2011, 05:36:04 AM »
Why was this moved?  Nobody here is selling it. We are trying to help each other find, identify and maybe obtain it thru open discussion.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 04:28:31 PM »
Because it an offering of a cannon for sale and the rules of this forum state that pointer post are allowed, but must be posted in the Classified and not on the discussion board.   

We had the classifieds forced upon us and we are mandated to use them.  We are lucky to be be even allowed to have pointer posts. initially even that wasn't allowed. 

Offline Mike H.

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 11:49:04 PM »
I can certainly understand that when the situation is like, "I'm selling this over on Craigslist" or "I'm got this on eBay".  That is the same as having a sales listing.

But if it is a situation of someone pointing out something that is obviously not theirs, that is intended to help others, and maybe point out something that may be in another's area that they are unaware of but would love to have, it is hard to understand.

Perhaps in situations like that, it could be allowed to ride for a week before moving to a location that folks don't visit daily unless they are here shopping.

It looks like we may have been able to help one of our own in this case.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 12:04:34 AM »
I feel that with the link to the classifieds that you still get the coverage in the the general section (asking about price).  Next time I will add a note int he redirection that it is an inquiry about price.
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Double D

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 02:24:28 AM »
I can certainly understand that when the situation is like, "I'm selling this over on Craigslist" or "I'm got this on eBay".  That is the same as having a sales listing.

But if it is a situation of someone pointing out something that is obviously not theirs, that is intended to help others, and maybe point out something that may be in another's area that they are unaware of but would love to have, it is hard to understand.

Perhaps in situations like that, it could be allowed to ride for a week before moving to a location that folks don't visit daily unless they are here shopping.

It looks like we may have been able to help one of our own in this case.

!.  The classifieds were forced upon us, due to abuse.

2. We had to argue to even be allowed a pointer post there.  We lost the argument about auctions.

3. Put the pointer post in the classifieds.   

4. Discuss it all you want in the discussion forum with out the pointer but  referring to the listing in the classifieds.

5.  This is not a new rule.  It is one of the original from when the classifieds were created several years ago.

6.  Don't make an issue over this we could lose pointer posts.

Offline Mike H.

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 02:53:23 AM »
Understood.

I appreciate folks looking out for guns that may be of interest to others, if they don't want them, or can't afford them, for there own.

Offline flagman1776

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 05:11:41 AM »
 8)

Offline Mike H.

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 05:38:14 AM »
I do like to read the for sale listings even on guns I can not afford as it gives me a valueable frame of referance for other purchases.   I can see the post with the direct link to the ad being in the classified section.  It would be really nice if the MOVED post included a link to the ad post in the classified section, if possible...  if not just pointing out where to find it will have to do.

The two current instances do have links in the "moved" post to the relocated in the classifieds.  Yes, that was handy to have.

Offline Double D

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 09:34:37 AM »
The moved post  do have the links.  Click  on the moved post notice and you will be taken to the post over in the classifieds.

Gentleman the horse has been beat death, if you wish us to get a new horse contact Graybeard direct. It's his rule.

Offline flagman1776

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 11:05:02 AM »
 :)