Author Topic: scope suggestions  (Read 441 times)

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
scope suggestions
« on: August 13, 2007, 09:43:33 AM »
i am looking for opinions for a scope for a muzzleloader under a $100 any help and suggestions will be appreciated thanks in advance

Terry

Offline safari

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: scope suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 03:53:02 AM »
I'll throw my 2 cents in for ya again- If  I were keeping it under the $100 mark, there's none better than the Bushnells. from the Trophy series and the Banner series you can find a model from $69 to $99 that will fit the bill nicely. I'd chose the  Trophy 1.75X5X32 or even the 3X9X40.  Now if you could scrape up another $25~$50, you can really get a quantum leap in optics quality. Look At the Nikon Prostaff 2X7X32 shotgun/black powder is only $129, and a Weaver Classic K4 is around $125. Get on a good website like the Opticzone, or even the dreaded SWFA, (they got good pictures and stats, but don't buy from them), and check them out yourself, and you can get a very nice, quality, reliable scope for the $89~$140 range. Just remember don't bother with the BSA's, Simmons, Tasco's etc. and you be a happy hunter.

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
Re: scope suggestions
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 04:52:03 AM »
i am looking at the bushnells and nikons by suggestions of some others on this site been looking at the nikon you mentioned and the bushnell to didn't look at the trophy yet will today wheni get some time thanksfor the help

Terry