Author Topic: Buying a used pistol  (Read 415 times)

Offline punisher

• Trade Count: (0)
Buying a used pistol
« on: August 29, 2007, 02:57:40 AM »
Hello all,
Where would one go to purchase a used pistol for hunting?
Is it even worth it, would I be better off trying to catch a sale on
a new?

Offline jhm

Re: Buying a used pistol
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 03:17:16 AM »
I would try the local gun club, talk to some of the members to see if any of them had anything for sale and while there you would have the oppertunity to try it out, 2nd. establish a relationship with a reputable gun shop.  Those are some of the best starter points.   JIM

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 05:13:12 AM »
Gun shows, Auctionarms.com, and Gun Brokers.com.  The gun shows tend to be a little on the high side, but good deals CAN be found on the auction sites.  Over the past few years I have purchased a large number of gun from the internet sellers.  If you are not in a hurry, try this.

In well over twenty five gun purchases, I have only bought one that was not up to my expectations.  The dealer readily took it back, paid all postage, and gave me a full refund. I am sure there are those that will take advantage of you, but most provide a three day inspection period, and will accept a return brought to their knowledge during that period.

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 08:50:35 AM »
Sometimes you can find pretty good deals at pawn shops, but watch out for junkers. 
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline K.K

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 02:36:39 PM »
A reputable gun dealer can get you great deals on used guns. Let someone else pay the depreciation on a new one, sell it after not shooting it much, and you have yourself a gem! Its great fun prowling gun shops and gun shows for great deals on great guns. Just educate yourself as best you can first, and you may enjoy it also. Good luck!