Author Topic: ozy bush  (Read 461 times)

Offline dodd3

• Trade Count: (1)
ozy bush
« on: August 23, 2007, 02:46:10 AM »
this is an a class reserve that i have applied for a permit to bow hunt the wild pigs that are starting to mess the place up not far from where i live in west australia. the first pic is one of the valleys with australian grass trees[comon name black boys but that is not politacly correct any more] they grow 1inch per year that makes these about 300 years old.second pic is one of the brooks that run through it took this pic today of sum native ducks they are black ducks, and the third pic is of an greater honey eater they are the size of a racing pidgin it is in the center of the pic.and the forth pic is an australian raven.
bernie :)

if its feral its in peril

Offline gypsyman

Re: ozy bush
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 03:38:44 AM »
dodd3-looks like a real good area for the wild porkers. Just wondering, we hear all kinds of different things on the laws in Australia. Your going to bow hunt for pigs, do they allow handgun hunting of any kind? Good Luck-gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline dodd3

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 04:43:56 AM »
gypsyman sum of the big cattle stations up the north of the state [the kimberlys] have hand guns when they go on musters its easyer to shoot them from a moter bike or a horse when the have trubble with scub bulls and they are special permits but mr average has no chance of that but no probs with long guns.heres a pick of station country this is a million acre station the  black dot in the middle of the first pic is the homestead, i call this the never never.
bernie :)

if its feral its in peril

Offline akchuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Save trapping take a kid
    • Fronrtier Freedom
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 05:02:20 AM »
You sure got some pretty country down there. I just read an article about Dingo trappers sounds like a life I could live. Don't know about the heat though.
Chuck@FRONTIERFREEDOM
Southcentral Regional Advisory Council
Life Member NRA

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 08:09:36 AM »

Dodd3 ;

Looks like great hunting country !

Tell me; from what we see on tv, much of the outback (and sometimes the towns) are inhabited by some of the world's most contrary and poisonous critters..

from Bushmasters to poisonous frogs etc !

Is that true, or just hype ?   If so..please tell us about some of the nastiest ones..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 09:59:09 AM »
Beautiful country.  I had the opportunity to spend three weeks in Melbourne back in 1966.  I have an uncle that lived in Applecross, W.A., I had intentions of visiting him while there.  When I started checking on transportation I changed my mind.  I would have eat up over half my time on a train, or on a bush plane, so I stayed in Melbourne, drank beer and chased girls.  (that was more fun in those days anyway) .  My relatives now live in Perth and have invited me over for a stay but I haven't been able to make it yet.  

My uncle was in the U.S. Navy, assigned to the Arizona, and was one of the survivors after the Japanese attack at Pearl Harbor.  He was re-assigned to Australia, married an Aussie girl, and stayed after the war.  I heard a lot about the country from him when he came home for a visit, and through letters.  

Maybe someday  I can visit again.