Author Topic: simmons scope  (Read 1361 times)

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
simmons scope
« on: September 20, 2007, 04:58:45 AM »
Glad we have an optics discussion here, know i will get some honest opinions
Just purchase a 25-06 ulra handi used, have not received it yet, reported to be fired very little
comes with a Simmons 8830 pro 50 2.5x10x50 scope. i have heard not much good about these scopes, have never owned one. Please tell me what you know.
what would you suggest for a varmint/deer rifle, with out taking out a loan, say 250.00-300.00
range
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: simmons scope
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 10:38:22 AM »
I have 4 or the Simmons Whitetail Classics scopes and one of the new 3x9x40 Master Series Pro Hunter scopes. Excellent optics and have held up so far.

Offline IRA51

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 01:37:34 PM »
Only Simmons scope I have ever owned was a 44 mag ,and it worked without any problem. sold it with the rifle last year and the guy who bought it is still useing it and no problem . in you case I would use it and see if it is good enough for your purpose. if it works great if not you can replace it .

Offline DLH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 01:56:02 PM »
Untill today I would have recommended simmons.   NOT now.  I had a whitetail classic go bad. The guy told my that I needed a original recipt to get it fixed. I bought the scope 4 years ago, no recipt saved, no fixed.

I have never had any problem with simmons service before, and never will agian, when it breaks throw it away and buy Leupold.

I WILL NEVER buy simmons, tasco, weaver, redfield or any other covered by MEADE optic.
Live every day like it was your last, cause someday it will be!!!