Author Topic: My first Leupold binocs  (Read 380 times)

Offline NONYA

• Trade Count: (0)
My first Leupold binocs
« on: September 04, 2007, 01:24:37 PM »
Talked a family friend into selling me the display pair of leupold 10x42 cascades at his sporting good store for $250,Im really impressed with these binocs,I compared them to the $309 nikons and these had a sharper image for my eyes,they also have a locking adjustment ring built into the center dial so you do not have to turn an eye piece and once you get them focused they lock,no more readjustment every time i pick up my binocs!
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
Re: My first Leupold binocs
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 11:23:34 PM »
I've been using my Leupold Katmai 8x32 for moose hunting and really like them - way better than the Nikon Travelites  I had last year and my old Minolta mini binocs that wore out after 20 years of hard service.  The Leups are heavier but I never noticed it.  I DID notice the better views. One thing I'm not pleased with is the ocular eye cap system.  They don't stay on well and get in the way hanging off the neck strap.  May just remove it totally.

I got these Katmais from Optic Zone - good price and fast shipping.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA