Author Topic: What? Do the Polls Lie  (Read 462 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
What? Do the Polls Lie
« on: September 12, 2007, 03:03:50 PM »
Now I will be the first to tell you I take polls with a grain of salt. I do this mostly as they are not USUALLY representative of the whole nation as a whole. Still they do provide a small picture of what maybe going on. There were two major polls released today and Ron Paul never was mentioned. One poll asked each party who you would be comfortable with as President and then asked who of the opposite party would you be most comfortable with. Now like I said I do not take poll results as gospel and I would not say I do as in the past I have said polls do not predict the outcome we have all seen that. Still its got to hurt when you do not even rate a mention.  ::)
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline superjay01

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
Re: What? Do the Polls Lie
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 03:33:34 PM »
that doesn't surprise me though because it doesn't matter what a politician believes it is how much money they can get.  Most Americans don't know who is running or care for that matter. If they do vote they will vote their party affiliation.
Chance favors the prepared mind

Offline DWTim

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 03:52:16 PM »
Are those polls sponsored by the GOP? Remember that, try as they might, a caucus can't cast your vote for you. But I understand that they have a lot of political sway. The caucus would love for the voters to believe that they can only vote for the chosen candidate.

If it makes you feel any better, (in Connecticut) Lieberman was losing to Lamont in the polls, lost the primary and was told to either drop out of the race or leave the Democrat party. We know how that turned out.

I don't have much faith in polls, either.

I'm not a Ron Paul supporter, but like you, I noticed the absence of his name in recent polls.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 03:54:39 PM »
that doesn't surprise me though because it doesn't matter what a politician believes it is how much money they can get.  Most Americans don't know who is running or care for that matter. If they do vote they will vote their party affiliation.

While I agree they will vote party lines usually I think most know at least who the media pays attention to. That is why I have posted that some of the lesser known candidates remain so just because they do not get the media attention. Kinda like the difference of knowing who the star quarterback is and having no clue who the third stringer is.  

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 03:58:30 PM »
I'm not a Ron Paul supporter, but like you, I noticed the absence of his name in recent polls.

I am not either and I said if it came down to him or one of the demoncrats running I suppose I would have to vote for him but I think I do not have to worry about that I doubt will never make it that far.

Offline DWTim

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 08:14:06 AM »
Just got an NRSC survey in the mail today. He's not on the presidential candidates list there, either.

( http://nrsc.org/ )

Hmmm.