Author Topic: Anyone carry a Browning Hi Power?  (Read 745 times)

Offline demented

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
Anyone carry a Browning Hi Power?
« on: September 10, 2007, 08:41:41 PM »
 I have tried just about anything and everything, keep coming back to the HP.  Its narrow dimensions across the slide plus its ability to place hits exactly where I want them to go keeps it as my first choice.  I carry three 13 round magazines loaded with Speer 124 Plus P Gold Dot Jhp's and really don't feel undergunned at all.

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anyone carry a Browning Hi Power?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 12:21:54 AM »
The BHP is a very good choice----I have one---well, I still own it---a thief got it a number of years ago, so someone has a very good weapon.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 12:26:19 AM »
demented:  I have owned them, carried them and used them.  If I still had one I would carry it.  Last one I had was one of the MkIIs with the ambidexterous safety and the matt finish and it was a sweet shooter.  Wish I hadn't traded it.  Mikey.

Offline demented

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 03:06:27 AM »
 I have two, also.  One black epoxy MK-3, the other a two tone Chrome/epoxied Practical model.  The Practical model looks better than the MK-3 but for some reason, the MK is the one that I grab most often when going out the door. 

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 04:35:53 AM »
The HP was my first carry pistol, I acquired the gun from an old friend about 1960, he brought it back after WW II, It is marked Browning FN, and has the German proof marks all over it.  The serial number is 317X.  I was told it was taken off a German officer, at a check point in Luxembourg, who was returning home after the war. I also have two others, one of which was purchased at the Rod and Gun Club at Bitburg, Germany in the late sixties.  I paid $100. NIB for the gun, the other one was bought used from a guy that use to work for me.

In the beginning I favored the Browning for it's capacity, but got away from it later because of it's size in comparison to other choices.  Mine have been good guns, and I wouldn't hesitate to "pocket" one if I didn't have something smaller to carry.

Offline K.K

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 06:18:06 AM »
I believe that there is still a great niche that the Hi-Power fills. It still packs all those 9mm rounds, the newer ones function well with JHPs, and they are still very slim and comfortable to carry an conceal. I believe that you can get a polymer framed one as well if you choose to. I've carried one for years, and still like it. Also a true classic firearm. Just my 2c!

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 02:42:21 AM »
I carry one occasionally.  I have a plain jane Belgian and a MKIII in 40cal.  I have a third, full boat custom from Cylinder and Slide with buried bomars, etc., etc., etc. for sale at my local shop.  GREAT shooter but kinda over the top for a carry gun for me.  Other than an action job and ramp throat and polish, I put speigal thin line grip panels on'm to slim down the grip. 
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!