Author Topic: any one tried an ATI folding stock for an 870?  (Read 488 times)

Offline coopershooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
any one tried an ATI folding stock for an 870?
« on: September 02, 2007, 05:18:29 PM »
iv'e been watching the remington factory folding stocks on ebay sell for between 150 and 200 bucks. how does the ati compare? i know it's made of plastic and the remington is steel.
 thanks!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: any one tried an ATI folding stock for an 870?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 05:33:28 PM »
I wouldn't recommend any plastic collapsible stock for a hard kicker, specially the toy like ATI, scroll down to neckringer's post in the link below and you'll see why.

Tim

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=98108
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline coopershooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 01:06:13 PM »
look's like a bad day at the range for sure! ok, so do any of you have experience with a current production folding stock, for the 870? i'm still looking for a good deal on a factory remington folder, but there pricey! any other ideas? i'm leaning toward the over folder.
 thank you!

Offline LEO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 02:54:23 AM »
I used to have an 870 with the Remington Stock on it, the reason it was issued was for helicopter and boat use, it was easier to get in and out of the Jet Rangers and it fit in the storage box on the patrol boats.  Well it was not a very good solution, the stock was not rigid, and the rails of the stock would cut you when you shot the gun if you were not careful, problem solved by smoothiing and taping but it still wasn't comfortable to shoot.  If you need, want a folding stock Choate makes or used to make a top folder that was much better than the Remington stock.  I don't know how big of a space you are needing to store your shotgun in but that might help, if instant deployment is not needed, a better solution is to just take the barrel off and store the two parts together, obviously this doesn't work if rapid deployment is needed.