Author Topic: Antique cannons for sale at VA gun show now  (Read 1110 times)

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
Antique cannons for sale at VA gun show now
« on: September 22, 2007, 03:47:17 AM »
There are a few antique cannons for sale this weekend at the Virginia Gun Collectors Association (VGCA) gun show at the Prince William County Fairgrounds, Virginia.  The fairgrounds are on old route 234 near Manassas VA., very close to intersection of Rte 3000 and route 234 bypass.  Hope I got that right, check back with me to confirm if you are actually going to go.  The seller there is Mr. Ed Costello.  If you are interested I don't know how quick they will sell at that small show, if at all.  I know Ed so if you need for me to contact him regarding this I can do it, meaning don't kill yourself driving 100 mph to get there if all you want is more info.

There's a 24 pdr. US iron flank howitzer cast by Alger in 1863, in basically excellent condition, bore looks unfired and unweathered, vent is obstructed with something.  $25K. 

There's also a foreign steel mountain rifle mounted on crummy repro mount but tube is nice, $6500.  The bore of that gun is a good candidate for relining or boring out smooth to 6-pounder size, it is presently 3". 

There's a small nondescript signal gun of some kind, antique, very strange looking fat thing, on crummy repro mount, $300. 

Also one nice US 10" mortar shell, original, non-dug, smooth patina, $250. 

There's also a ca. 1900 steel line throwing gun by D. Kahnweiler Sons, New York.  I've seen very few LT guns by that company.  Bore is average, still has friction primer vent, never modified, $1800.  On original steel carriage.