Author Topic: What are the odds ?  (Read 616 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
What are the odds ?
« on: September 19, 2007, 02:15:18 AM »

While I am not a wagering person, I would like to ask each here..

What are the odds that OJ Simpson actually getting full prison time..even if he is guilty ?

I am really negative on our "justice" system that was devised with the assumption that almost all adults have a modicum of common sense !

In this day and age however, it appears that many courts are star-struck by celebrities.

We hear of crimes committed by celebrities , such as driving under the influence of alcohol & other drugs.

They not only do that, but they endanger other people's lives..and are only truly threatened with serious
   jail time after their 3rd or 4th offense...

Now, it seems that some soft-headed judges even then will only impose sentences ranging from about 5 days, down to 82 minutes !

If some bonehead judge doesn't let them off the hook, likely some some "fan club" jurists will....

That Phil Spector's trial is hung at 7 to 5 and they can't make any headway !  Hmmmmm...

Even though the evidence seems almost ironclad against OJ..what's the odds he serves the proper time ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What are the odds ?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 03:31:52 AM »
By and large, our justice system is the best in the world.  The only things wrong with it are the judges, prosecuters, juries and lawyers.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 07:24:59 AM »
   Looks like one kind of "justice" for celebs...and another kind for the rest of us !

Do any of us even remotely believe that given the same circumstances..some judge would accept a voluntary
   stay at a "rehab resort" for from 3 days to a week and that would absolve us from any jail time ?

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 01:46:40 PM »
  Were the objects in question actually his ?

..Doesn't matter, Joe civilian doesn't launch an armed "sting operation" !   .. More likely, IF the items did formerly belong to him and he appealed to the police for help,

Those items would soon be handed over to the Goldmans anyway !

..."Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive....."

An illustration...

Back in 1977, when my son was about 16 years old, he and I went coon hunting. We had my Airedale and his young Walker gyp, Annie.
  We got into a woods and the dogs struck a trail. Annie in full cry and my Airedale silent. of course
  We heard the dog approaching a road perhaps 1/4 mile away..we heard a vehicle stop, then start up again. Later, I recovered my Airedale but Annie was definitely gone.
   My son felt about like the boy in "Red Fern"..when he lost his dogs..

About a year and a half later, we were hunting again..driving down the road..and we saw a couple hunters ahead and our headlights showed a Walker jumping around in the back seat..

My son said " That's Annie !"...I thought it was just wishful thinking..but I said " Son, we're going to folllow them home at a distance, so we can talk to them just about the time they put their dogs away..stay alert !".

We did just that..and it was Annie..so we kept our cool and exited gracefully..

Now, we were angry and could have approached them and demanded our dog..that would have been both stupid and dangerous !

Instead, we went home, gathered up Annie's papers, shot records and a decent picture..taken at our kennel.

Not being stupid, we called the sheriff and HE went down, compared dog to picture and retrieved the dog !

Were we dumb enough to approach the thief, he could have easily ordered us off his property..and made the dog to "disappear"..

OJ spent 4 years at USC..he should have known better ! I think he did know better, but believed that HE was above the law..

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 02:33:45 PM »
HE'S getting off the blacks in Detroit and on black radio said he was set up. They let him go the first time because they wanted to get back at whitey!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 02:43:23 PM »
   When will people learn..

if you really want justice for yourself..you must be willing to allow justice for others ?

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 02:54:13 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   When will people learn..

if you really want justice for yourself..you must be willing to allow justice for others ? That a great question to ask the powerful In this world or the next?

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 03:04:30 PM »
Actually, there are quite a few holes in the case.......and lots of problems for the prosecution......

In this particular situation, I think he'll walk......and karma aside, this time he probably should.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline powderman

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 03:06:12 PM »
What we have is a LEGAL system, it ceased being a justrice system many years ago. POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 04:53:08 PM »
 I"m afraid Powderman is closer to the actual scenario...