Author Topic: Pro Gun, Wildlife, Conservation, and Hunting Organizations  (Read 280 times)

Offline GeneRector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Pro Gun, Wildlife, Conservation, and Hunting Organizations
« on: September 23, 2007, 02:57:23 AM »
 :)  Howdy!  There has been considerable discussion on the NRA and AARP, etc.  However, what are some other organizations that are tops at what they do instead of being primarily fund-raising?  What about Pheasants Forever, Quail Unlimited, Ducks Unlimited, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, etc.?  Are there any that we really need to be concerned about?   I have often wondered if there is a "hidden agenda" that goes unnoticed by contributors. Your views appreciated! 

Happy Trails!
Always,
Gene Rector
Endowed NRA Life Member

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Pro Gun, Wildlife, Conservation, and Hunting Organizations
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 03:39:35 AM »
I think all of them are a wee bit short sighted in that they focus ONLY on the one critter their organization is named for to the total exclusion of all others. I think a more balances approach would be better but in spite of that I think they all do much good and are worthy of the dollars they get. They are doing good things and are making a difference. For an all round solid stance that does the most to help all hunters SCI is probably the best of the lot but being a member of that and the one or more of the others that represent the game you most like to hunt is the best way to go I think.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pro Gun, Wildlife, Conservation, and Hunting Organizations
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 05:39:30 AM »
Like GB I also feel that most do some good, however I really believe down deep in the dark recesses of their plan raising the MONEY is their main goal!!  I feel it is a reginall thing as some areas dont have Pheasants, some dont have quail, etc. and the area that has that particular game will recieve the most attention and money support as well as real hands on work.   JIM