Author Topic: A question about the Muller 8.5x25x44 Tactical?  (Read 722 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
A question about the Muller 8.5x25x44 Tactical?
« on: September 23, 2007, 06:22:44 AM »
I have a Question about the Muller 8.5x25x44 Tactical Scope. http://www.muelleroptics.com/products/MT852544.html      I would like to start doing some practice shooting of ranges between 300 and 600 yards. I recently came across a ballistics program that you enter all your info of the round you are using and it tells you everything about what that bullet is doing down range. It also tells you how many clicks up to go on your scope to hit a target a certain distance. For it to do this you have to enter in what your scope's MOA is such as 1/8 or 1/4. I see on the elevation knob on my scope that it has a couple set screws. I am guessing that if you were to loosen them you could line up the dot on the knob to the line on the turret barrel. This way you could return to zero by lining them  back up again. I also notice there are lines on the barrel of the turret. These lines are numbered. My knob is on number 4 now. It seems to me I don't have many more clicks for up elevation. What do I do about this? When I bought the scope I got it from Ebay and it was supposed to be new. when I received it it did not look like it was packaged by the factory and it has a small paint run inside the bell where the AO adjustment is. It is where the sun shade would screw into. It was not on the lens so I figured I could live with it. The point is I think this scope may have been returned and sent to me. I wonder if the person that had it before me played with the knobs and when I sighted it in that the scope knobs were not centered. What do you guy's think?  Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline KRP

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Re: A question about the Muller 8.5x25x44 Tactical?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 09:24:07 AM »
You could get a canted base or some signature rings with offset inserts to get more available elevation adjustment.  You could also use a combination of the mil-dots and dialing the turret for adjustment.  I didn't see anything on the website about total adjustment in that scope, but it does claim it is calibrated in inches per hundred yards and not MOA.