Author Topic: 3/8" wall seamless tube  (Read 536 times)

Offline civilcannon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
3/8" wall seamless tube
« on: September 28, 2007, 06:39:27 AM »
Hay you metal guys:
I have never heard back from Bill AT CCC reguarding the 1/5 ths scale barrel that I was considering so I may go to plan "B" this would involve a cast bronze barrel bored and sleaved with 3/8" wall seamless tubing to meet safety specs. I recall 85,000 psi  minimun? does that sound right? Any way do you know of a source or is their availible a 1.75 O.D. and 1" I.D seamless tube that would meet the 3/8" wall requirement. What grade of steel would be recommended and who is a good source for a length of 2 feet of this material? The breach would be threaded & pined or welded and pined ? what is best?

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 3/8" wall seamless tube
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 07:17:34 AM »
you may wish to go with stainless steel most high pressure applications use stainless now it seems , plumbing supplies won't have it as a rule , try speicalty piping supplies , another sorce might be to bore a piece of bar stock , or a ss bolt !
the old big black powder guns used for waterfowl would slip pipe inside one another to get the desired thickness not sure thats a good idea or not !
Frischkorn Inc may help they are a speicalty piping co.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: 3/8" wall seamless tube
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 09:07:35 AM »
Ah, Shootall,  pipe is welded seam and definitely not for cannons.

Civil Cannon is looking for seamless tubing to comply with the safety  standards for cannon barrel liners as established by  N-SSA and AAA.   

Civil Cannon please check your PM