Author Topic: Bush Wants Amnesty For Mexican Murderer  (Read 1131 times)

Offline alsaqr

• Trade Count: (0)
Bush Wants Amnesty For Mexican Murderer
« on: October 07, 2007, 09:34:19 AM »
This would set a fine precedent. 

By MARK SHERMAN, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 16 minutes ago

WASHINGTON -

"To put it bluntly, Texas wants President Bush to get out of the way of the state's plan to execute a Mexican for the brutal killing of two teenage girls."

"Bush, who presided over 152 executions as governor of Texas, wants to halt the execution of Jose Ernesto Medellin in what has become a confusing test of presidential power that the Supreme Court, which hears the case this week, ultimately will sort out."

"The president wants to enforce a decision by the International Court of Justice that found the convictions of Medellin and 50 other Mexican-born prisoners violated their rights to legal help as outlined in the 1963 Vienna Convention."

"That is the same court Bush has since said he plans to ignore if it makes similar decisions affecting state criminal laws."

"The president does not agree with the ICJ's interpretation of the Vienna Convention," the administration said in arguments filed with the court. This time, though, the U.S. agreed to abide by the international court's decision because ignoring it would harm American interests abroad, the government said."

"Texas argues that neither the international court nor Bush has any say in Medellin's case."

"Medellin was born in Mexico but spent much of his childhood in the United States. He was 18 in June 1993, when he and other members of the Black and Whites gang in Houston encountered two teenage girls on a railroad trestle."

"The girls were gang-raped and strangled. Their bodies were found four days later."

"Medellin was arrested a few days later. He was told he had a right to remain silent and have a lawyer present, but the police did not tell him that he could request assistance from the Mexican consulate.
Medellin gave a written confession. He was convicted of murder in the course of a sexual assault, a capital offense in Texas. A judge sentenced him to death in October 1994."

"Medellin did not raise the lack of assistance from Mexican diplomats during his trial or sentencing. When he did claim his rights had been violated, Texas and federal courts turned him down because he had not objected at his trial. Mexico later sued the United States in the International Court of Justice in The Hague on behalf of Medellin and 50 other Mexicans on death row in the U.S."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071007/ap_on_go_su_co/scotus_mexican_national;_ylt=Ar044aYN8xGesWH34S7gab534T0D

Offline Casull

Re: Bush Wants Amnesty For Mexican Murderer
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 10:55:40 AM »
I say fry them.  But, cut the President some slack on this one.  He's in a tough spot and is probably just hoping that the Supreme Court will do the right thing (i.e. fry them).
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 12:11:29 PM »
I say fry them.  But, cut the President some slack on this one.  He's in a tough spot and is probably just hoping that the Supreme Court will do the right thing (i.e. fry them).

+1
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 12:19:13 PM »
Forget bush!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »
I say kill em too. Too bad that they will die so quick and painlessly.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 05:05:38 PM »
Can't cut Bush any slack on this one. This guy shouldn't have been suckin air for the last 15 years. Now he's kissin Mexican butt on this too. Foreign interests my eye. I don't care if these guys were Italian/Polish or Martian. Justice isn't being done for those 2 girls. My .02 worth.-gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 05:34:49 PM »
Why does this come as a surprise?  Since Bush-it entered public life he has favored Mexicans, many times giving them breaks that an American can't get.  Bush's immigration policies, and record leave a lot to be desired.  But then again, he can't be President of the New World Order without the support of his Mexican friends.  Impeach the sorry bum!

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 09:10:47 PM »
I keep telling ya Bush has a Mex sister-in-law now yea I know that should not matter but I bet it does. you know how family is and I wonder what any of us would do if faced with the same issues involving the mex situation if we had the same scenario.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 09:12:19 PM »
I do agree however he should butt out of this one let the bum fry.

Offline magooch

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 03:32:00 AM »
My guess is that the Justice Department and the State Department are the main forces behind this issue.  Maybe they are thinking about future, or present cases where U.S. citizens are being prosecuted in foreign lands and are not being given due process.  Anyway, I say shoot the bastards in the guts.  The perps--that is.
Swingem

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 06:24:54 AM »
I keep telling ya Bush has a Mex sister-in-law now yea I know that should not matter but I bet it does. you know how family is and I wonder what any of us would do if faced with the same issues involving the mex situation if we had the same scenario.

jh45gun,,,so what if he has a Mexican seester-in-law?  If you had a brother-in-law that committed a double murder with ruthless abandon, would you give him shelter?  I think not.  Jorge has taken an oath of office...that would be to America and the American people.....not to Mexico or the NWO.  I say hold him to it.
His seester-in-law is way down the list of this Pres' priorities. Bush is a devout international corporationist and that is his sole modus operandi. But I'ld say his camoflage is wearing very very thin.

...TM7

Thats a dumbass statement for the simple reason that Bush's Sister-in-law as far as I know has done nothing wrong so how can you compare her with a Double Murder? Of course I would not give a double murder shelter I am sure Bush would not either and like I said you cannot compare his SIL to the perp in question. As far as I am concerned Fry the guy all I was stateing was that Bush in my Opinon has a conflict of interest because of family ties.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 01:56:15 PM »
As usual TM7 your reading crap into things your totally wrong about. a. I never said I supported Bush's Immigration Policy all I said was and have said in the past he is the wrong President for the immigration issue because he has family that is Mexican. I NEVER ONCE said I supported his Immigration Bill. IN FACT if you read back on a other post I am POed about the Mex Tree Planters that I am sure broke into and destroyed my property. Just because I support Bush does not mean I support all his issues.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 03:43:57 PM »
TM7 never fails to crack me up!!!!
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline powderman

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 04:20:09 PM »
tm7. Who the crap is jorge??? This is America, speak ENGLISH. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 05:44:25 PM »
tm7. Who the crap is jorge??? This is America, speak ENGLISH. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Powderman its a conspiracy just ask TM7.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2007, 03:52:18 AM »
I was wondering how long it would be before you had to explain WHY you were spelling JORGE the way you were. Catchy, but obvious to some, who DON'T beleive GW, when he says one thing and does another.
He recently (last week) spoke to a group of Muslims and ONCE AGAIN, stated that the Christian, the Muslim, and ALL OTHER religions prayed to the SAME GOD. What a politician, and what a Christian.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 03:14:58 PM »
I was wondering how long it would be before you had to explain WHY you were spelling JORGE the way you were. Catchy, but obvious to some, who DON'T beleive GW, when he says one thing and does another.
He recently (last week) spoke to a group of Muslims and ONCE AGAIN, stated that the Christian, the Muslim, and ALL OTHER religions prayed to the SAME GOD. What a politician, and what a Christian.

Yes, a sad state of affairs.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 03:54:06 AM »
For the life of me!, I don't see how a reasonable sane person could make a statement like.........I support Bush (Jorge), but not his border policy. A man that will sell his country down the tubes to ALL invaders crossing our borders, will sell us out period! TM7, you are wasting your time trying to enlighten some of these folks. They are getting their thoughts for the day from, FAUX (FOX NEWS, EL-Rushbo, and Shaun IN-sanity. Or perhaps Katie Couric
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline magooch

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 05:01:45 AM »
So nw_hunter, where do you get your news--Airhead America?
Swingem

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2007, 10:10:34 AM »
LOL! prob. some of it from Airhead America, but for the most part there is some unbiased news on-line.
News With Views is one, Lew Rockwell, Pat Buchanan has a great website. JBS, CNS (Conservative News Service)
Lots of true conservative sites out there if you look!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.