Author Topic: Back from the Shiloh Ranch....WOW!!!  (Read 1394 times)

Offline BUTCHER45

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Back from the Shiloh Ranch....WOW!!!
« on: October 09, 2007, 02:41:15 AM »
     edit:forgot to say the bullets used on this hunt were made by Mark Whyte of Mark Whyte Leather Works. I used the 250 grain "Big Lube" design bullets in .454 caliber with a .32 Meplat he sent me, made from dead soft lead" http://www.whyteleatherworks.com/

I'm back from the very first Shiloh Ranch Airgun Hunt and let me tell you that I don't feel like shopping around for any other ranches any time soon.  It was awesome.
     I will post more later as I got home a few hours ago at 3am and am ready for a good night's sleep.  I will however say this right now.  Anyone that doubts the capability of a big-bore airgun to take down big game needs to give P&P processing in Oklahoma a call.  Just ask him what he thought about the damage done to the ram I shot with my .45 airgun. 
    When I arrived at the end of the weekend to pick up my ram meat he greeted me by saying "now what did you say you shot that ram with again?"  I replied "a .45 caliber airgun".  He just could not fathom an airgun causing such destruction, saying that the ram appeared to have been  shot with a 30-06 producing an area of bloodshot meat on the exit wound that was as big as a pie pan.
    Here is my representative Black-Bellied Barbados Ram.  I felt no need to measure the horns as he is a trophy no matter what in my mind.  His skull will be plated in pewter with his cape hanging below on the wall.

click here for.45caliberAirgun slideshow

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
Re: Back from the Shiloh Ranch....WOW!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 01:04:55 PM »
Butch - Baaabbbbyyyyy!!!!

Nice corsican!!!

I'm proud of you, job well done!!
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline BUTCHER45

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 04:02:33 PM »
     Thanks DrDoug!

Here are some Fallows I saw there as well.  Beautiful animals.

Offline Veral

• GBO Sponsor
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Lead Bullet Technology
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 06:44:47 PM »
Thanks.  You really did some nice pictures and writing on this thing!
  About the lube cloging your barrel.   I've read elsewhere that lube isn't needed at all in airguns.  Perhaps a film is the way to go.  Please respond to this in my regular email.  I don't answer the forum very often.
Veral Smith

Offline BUTCHER45

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »
     I boiled the lube off of the remaining bullets and zeroed-in the 210grainers today.  They are looking real promising on paper.