Author Topic: Blaser "K" & "R"'s  (Read 828 times)

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Blaser "K" & "R"'s
« on: March 02, 2008, 03:41:34 AM »
This may be a dumb question :P but I'm going to ask it anyway. When I surf the gun-broke-now site and other site's like that, I look at the high end guns just too look. You know, like when you go to a car show you walk over and look at the Ferrari's even though your never going to drop the $250K to have one in your garage.

So...I see a bunch of the Blaser K and R series single shot rifles priced from $1,800 to $10,000 or even more! :o  Now, granted the wood on the stocks are really nice.....but....that nice?

All kidding aside, I'm sure there is a reason the market is what it is for those guns. I don't know if they are still made or not. From everything I've ever read they are very accurate guns. Just askin if there is some logic to the high prices of these tools?

Thanks

Dave

Offline Lurker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Blaser "K" & "R"'s
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 01:02:43 PM »
I have several Winchester/Browning/Miroku single shot rifles... They appeal to me...!

I have a Shilo Sharps 1874 Hartford edition rifle... It appeals to me...!

I have three M1A rifles... They appeal to me...!

I have three Colt AR-15 rifles... They appeal to me...!

I have fourteen 1911 pistols, thirteen of which are Colts... They appeal to me...!

I haven't seen any of the rifles that you mentioned, however, they must appeal to somebody... right..?

Bill

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 03:41:22 AM »
I don't know if they are still made or not. - YEP.

From everything I've ever read they are very accurate guns. - No more/less than any other rifle of the same caliber.

Just askin if there is some logic to the high prices of these tools? - Yep.  European workmen, good enough to build them right, don't come cheap. Most of them are hand-fitted.  The engraving, although looking like it is "cast in", is actually hand engraved. They do come with nice wood.

BTW- The last time I was at the big Las Vegas gun show, at the Riveira Hotel, I watched two different guys buy one off the rack and another fella special order one - in about an hour I spent at that booth, before I went over to see Tony Galazan's display.
There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 04:09:24 AM »
Rangr44....hey..thanks for the info. I  was just curious about 'em. I'm not gonna run out anytime soon and buy one.....unless I hit on the lotto for 5 mil or better. It's one of those products that are not "made for the masses"...like the Ferrari....it's not the Chevy Impala either.

Dave

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 07:19:38 AM »
WOW!! :o :o :o
About 5 years ago I got interested in a Blaser K95 Stutzen in .308.  I saw one in Cabela's in Kansas City and it was a pure joy to handle.  I always had it in my mind that if I ever came into some extra money, that was my dream gun.  BTW, it was $3500 (far more than any other rifle I own).
This thread piqued my curiosity, so I looked around the web and have seen that gun, or similar, now offered from $6500 to $14K.  I see what you mean.  I thnik I will be scratching it off my my "want list".
I'm sure the decline of our dollar hasn't helped much either.
Oh well, I always did like Rugers anyway.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 11:31:12 AM »
CM,

Yeah...you pay for that hand craftsmanship. No computer driven bang 'em out stuff here. No Lazer engraving stuff going on that metal. Heck....I've been pondering sending my 629 back to Smith just to have a Whitetail lazered on the side of it!.....still pondering!

Dave