Author Topic: Cannons of Armageddon  (Read 855 times)

Offline lance

• Trade Count: (0)
Cannons of Armageddon
« on: October 06, 2007, 02:42:50 PM »
 while searching Amazon.com today for any Mortar or Cannon books that i might add to my collection. a book popped up on the list: THE CANNONS OF ARMAGEDDON..........i used the " search inside this book" feature. GOSH!!! those pesky AL QAEDA Terrorist, financed by IRAN, have a plan to use "our" BLACK POWDER MORTARS and CANNONS. they "KNOW" all about us cannon and mortar collectors. "THEY" really like the full size mortars and cannons used by CIVIL WAR REENACTORS. anyway, they don't use them like we do.......probably off topic to mention it? but they figured a way to turn CIVIL WAR CANNONS AND MORTARS into nasty terrorists devices..........this CAN'T be good for our hobby.
PALADIN had a gun.....I have guns, mortars, and cannons!

Offline irishman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
    • Brooks-USA
Re: Cannons of Armageddon
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 04:11:44 PM »
It's imperative that we protect our Black Powder Cannon and Mortars. We must deport them!!!  NO NO NO! not the cannon and mortars. We must deport the "nasties".

Michael

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 01:45:19 AM »
I'm not gonna buy the book but maybe you could tell us more specifically how they plan to use such weapons, or allegedly plan to do so.  It sounds a bit far-fetched to me when there are much more lightweight, efficient means, but I'm not gonna give away any secrets here.  I lost friends on 9-11 and I'm an advocate of a technique called "nukem" when it comes to that trash and whatever country it comes from.

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 03:28:47 AM »
 Uhhh... Crazy as the book's premise may sound, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if one or another liberal politico reads the book (And/or finds this forum via a search engine) and makes a discussion topic of black powder cannons as being possible "WMD's."

Stranger things have happened...
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 04:18:19 AM »
Talk about cannons and how they can be miss used by these people would be on topic here but only just.  Other political discussion goes else where on GBO.

Offline lance

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 09:42:11 AM »
 I shined the light on this book, because it shines the light on cannon and mortar collectors, manufacturers, and reenactors...........it's no secret, i saw a show on the History Channel about the 2 devices used on Japan. the reason "they" were so big and heavy, was because of the cannons inside them. Cannons aren't used today with the new technology and different ways of doing things. but at the time, a cannon was needed.........that's all i'm writing about it and how it works. Now that i'm looking at all you guys in "new light"......... Has anybody noticed that beard Tim has, wrap a few rags around his head, and well.................... ;D ;D ;D

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 10:02:42 AM »
>2 devices used on Japan. the reason "they" were so big and heavy, was because of the cannons inside them.

Just a minor  technical note here, the Hiroshima bomb was a Uranium 235 "gun" type weapon, where one subcritical mass was indeed shot into another, using a gun-type setup.  However, the Nagasaki bomb was an implosion device.  The subcritical plutonium core was made supercritical by compressing it with precisely-shaped explosive charges that were detonated simultaneously.

Offline lance

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 10:11:21 AM »
i'm Sorry, Cannonmn, that's just the way i remembered the t.v. show. you are correct about the matter........... i just don't like that the guy writing the book, uses us humble mortar and cannon collectors for parts in his book.

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 10:22:21 AM »
  Has anybody noticed that beard Tim has, wrap a few rags around his head, and well
Lance ., You've confused me.
Are you suggesting Ft. Stevens USE Tim as a Muslim Bore Swab for their 200 pound parrot?
Will he be wet the first time thru ? 

Offline lance

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 02:17:44 PM »
 Tropico, i have about chocked on my Pork BBQ sandwich from laughing!!! which gives me a new ideal, from now on...........whenever i shoot black powder mortars and cannons with some of the guys. before we start, i'll have a big bag of Bacon covered Pork BBQ sandwiches to pass around, if ya don't eat, ya don't get to shoot.