Author Topic: NASCAR fans are a "bad bunch"...  (Read 422 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
NASCAR fans are a "bad bunch"...
« on: October 13, 2007, 02:23:50 AM »

Well, at least according to the top Democrat in Homeland Security they are !

He strongly advised a delegation from HS to be immunized for several communicable diseases before attending a NASCAR event ! Some of these
             diseases have not hit the US in many years. Another, diptheria, has only had 87 cases reported since 1980..and none of those had any relationship
             to NASCAR ! Another, hepatitis B is often (but not always) associated with sexually transmitted diseases or use of dirty needles...

There seems to be no record of this "dedicated public servant" giving the same warning to any HS staffers that may visit the " Hollywood events" or
           San Francisco..a couple places that to my mind at least, are more risky in the STDs and dirty needles categories..

This "dedicated public servant" when questioned by FOX, then began to back water..saying that he gave that warning because staffers were going to "visit several
             trauma centers" and so such a warning is not out of line..

Fox News checked..the only trauma centers they were likely to visit was the NASCAR one at the track, which at that time hopefully, would still be sterile
             and unused...and another newly constructed trauma center as yet unopened.

I presume this guy has asked any HS staffers that visited friends/family in the hospital over the last 3-4 years to get the battery of shots..of course then,
                  by now the staff would probably have had all those shots and would have no need of them to attend the NASCAR event.

I guess by now, NASCAR fans in general and southern NASCAR fans in particular, know what the Washington Democrats think of them !

What say you ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Almtnman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
Re: NASCAR fans are a "bad bunch"...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 03:05:05 AM »
I say that the head of HS has lost reality of not knowing the American people at all. I also say that if he makes goofy recommendations such as that, then he needs to be replaced with someone that has an IQ higher than a turnip.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 04:50:40 AM »

On Fox News this morning, one of the "good old boys" at NASCAR suggests that it may be the NASCAR fans that

need the immunizations..if the Democrats come calling !  Very perceptive...LOL
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline wareagleguy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 05:22:29 PM »
And we need HS for what?  Oh yea, someone needs to be watching us.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 11:54:59 PM »

No br we don't need HS wasting it's time on such trivialities..but when destructive politics is such that some
   would place their appointees in a job simply to discredit the honest work the majority are doing..that is the result !