Author Topic: Do any of u guys??  (Read 720 times)

Offline backstrap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Do any of u guys??
« on: October 26, 2007, 08:39:29 AM »
Do any of u guys just grab your rifles and go out the door first day of your rifle season hunt, with out checking and make sure your rifle is still sighted in from last year, i know a few people here where i live that just grabs there gun and out the door they go not knowing if it is still sighted in hitting the bulls eye at a 100 yards or 200, i have never done this, and if some of u guys do would u admit it?? ill tell u my uncles son 13 years old done it this year his first ever rifle hunt dureing youth season about 2 weeks ago and shot a 105lb 4point buck i dont like the ideal but i guess if your rifle hadint been bumped seence last year how would the scope get off sight?? just asking what all u do am not trying to start any thing here just your thoughts on this
1 shot 1 kill

Offline flintlock

Re: Do any of u guys??
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 08:47:28 AM »
Never...Not with a gun, bow or anything...I shoot year round...

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 08:48:52 AM »
Sighting in the gun is part of the fun.
If I am going to take time off work, pay for a deer permit and spend time hunting I am going to KNOW where my bullet is hitting

Offline elmer

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 01:19:52 PM »
I hunt hogs when it's not deer season so I routinely check my rifle. Besides we have a basic shooting range setup at the ranch so it's fun to shoot.
NRA life member
TSRA life member
Dallas Safari Club member
JPFO life member
GOA life member

http://public.fotki.com/ElmerF/
http://s215.photobucket.com/profile/CharlesL_album

Offline 300winny

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 02:05:15 PM »
ID have to say ive done something almost like that and im still kicking my self in the arse for it and im sure ill also get a big DEE DA Dee from all of you. a few years ago i inherited a few rifles from my uncle and my brother and i were gonna go hunting with them well in the middle of moving and such one of the magazines went missing and since my brother was only gonna hunt 1 day i was going to give him the one with the missing mag well he went and cried a fit to my parents and i ended up giving him the other one, well before all this i had put a new scope on the gun i was gonna use and i had it all sighted in and at the last minute i had to change scopes both rifles were the same make and model ,both were 30-06's and we were shooting the same ammo and both had the same ring height everything was identical, so stupid me, took it out the next day without which happened to be the first day of the PA rifle season without checking the zero and missed the biggest buck that i personally have ever seen in the wild not once but twice, so i went to my uncles to shoot the rifle right away and come to find out my gun was shooting 8 inchs high at 100 yards. I learned a very valuble lesson that year, so i never go hunting any more with out checking the zero on my rifle

Offline Coyote Hunter

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 02:40:59 PM »
No.  I shoot year-round and at extended ranges most of the time.  Just before hunting season I take several rifles to the range and any that don't shoot for any reason are immediately rejected for the hunt. 
Coyote Hunter
NRA, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!