Author Topic: Hillary's Cell Phone Spying to be Probed  (Read 674 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Hillary's Cell Phone Spying to be Probed
« on: October 18, 2007, 07:16:24 AM »
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/hillary_snooping/2007/10/16/41399.html?s=al&promo_code=3B84-1

Hillary's Cell Phone Spying to be Probed

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 2:42 PM

By: Newsmax Staff  Article Font Size   

Republicans plan to skewer presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton over her position on government surveillance, capitalizing on allegations in a recent book that Clinton listened to a secretly recorded conversation between political opponents.

In the book “Her Way,” former New York Times investigative reporter Jeff Gerth and Times investigative reporter Don Van Natta Jr. wrote that during Bill Clinton’s 1992 presidential campaign, “Hillary’s defense activities ranged from the inspirational to the microscopic to the down and dirty.

“She received memos about the status of various press inquiries, she vetted senior campaign aides; and she listened to a secretly recorded audiotape of a phone conversation of Clinton critics plotting their next attack.”

As Newsmax reported in June, "The tape contained discussions of another woman who might surface with allegations about an affair with Bill. Bill's supporters monitored frequencies used by cell phones, and the tape was made during one of those monitoring sessions."

Mickey Kaus at Slate magazine noted: "Isn't [secret phone monitoring] not so legal? … I'm no expert, but it looks like a potential minefield for Hillary.”

Several legal experts told The Hill newspaper that it was illegal to intercept cell phone messages in 1992.

In August, Clinton voted against an emergency law that temporarily expanded the government’s power to conduct surveillance on American soil without a warrant.

A month earlier, she outlined her privacy bill of rights, which includes the right to sue when privacy rules have been violated.

A GOP official told The Hill: “Hillary Clinton’s campaign hypocrisy continues to know no bounds. It is rather unbelievable that Clinton would listen in to conversations being conducted by political opponents, but refuse to allow our intelligence agencies to listen in to conversations being conducted by terrorists as they plot and plan to kill us.

“Team Clinton can expect to see and hear this over and over again over the course of the next year.”

© 2007 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Hillary's Cell Phone Spying to be Probed
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 07:43:54 AM »
GEE GRAYBEARD ,
MY mom used to say " do as i say not as i do " all the time , See she just has that motherly way of doing things !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 11:03:57 AM »
I wonder if she is as slick as Slick Willy! ???
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 12:30:07 PM »
Must have been okay, she had the fingers crossed on her off hand, behind her back. 
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 06:16:46 PM »
I wonder if she is as slick as Slick Willy! ???

I think she taught Slick Willy all he knows!

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 04:37:18 PM »
She cannot get into trouble.

She can say or do anything she likes whenever she likes. I don't like it, but that's the way it is.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 10:00:51 PM »

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 09:37:18 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She cannot get into trouble . yep

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 02:02:25 AM »

Seems I recall that back about mid 90s, some "Democrat Operatives" ....somehow got hold of some kind of private phone calls of Newt Gingrich..

...But then a paper trail is even more solid for extorting things..remember "filegate" ?

Strange indeed; "Pres. Bush ....don't you dare tap terrorist phones..but I will get raw FBI files on the entire congress"....Hmmm ...something rotten in Dem-mark !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline sdb777

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 02:48:59 AM »
The real question remains, "Who will give her a B J in the Oval Office?" , and "Who will be listening on the phone when it happens?"

Scott (I feel sick now) B
Custom Cartridge pens available.....