Author Topic: CVA Mag bolt 150 getting started story  (Read 1098 times)

Offline 3006bluffhunter

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Contributor
CVA Mag bolt 150 getting started story
« on: December 04, 2007, 03:20:42 AM »
I started muzzle loading around 1998 with some friends! 5 different muzzle loaders in are group of ten guys! 10 guys 5 guns 5 drivers! We shot 1 doe one day and all ten of us were hooked! The next year we had 10 guys and ten muzzle loaders! We shot 1 doe and 1 buck! I was the only guy with a CVA! It was the $120 Mag bolt 150 out of bass pro! I shoot 275 sabot and 100 grains of powder & still use a #11 cap!(I don't believe in all these new products power belts and 209 primers use your old stuff up first) I believe doing a good job keeping the loader clean is the #1 thing to do! The mag bolt is I believe one of the first inline muzzle loaders cva made! It shoots very good groups ! I shot a doe one time at 130 yards and the sabot layed in the hide on the other side it just mushroomed that hollow point sabot!There were other cva bolt muzzle loaders out at that time anyone have one they still like to hunt with? I Am real happy with my CVA mag bolt 150 Thanks Dalle

Offline mangulator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: CVA Mag bolt 150 getting started story
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 03:53:45 AM »
My son has CVA Mag Bolt and is happy with it. He has been successful with it in the field. I Have a Kodiak Pro magnum and it has put venison on the table...  This year our favorite load is a 270 grain Platinum Power belt with a WW 209 primer and 100 grains of loose Pyrodex Powder.