Author Topic: hunterbolt range info  (Read 713 times)

Offline b44mag

• Trade Count: (17)
  • A Real Regular
hunterbolt range info
« on: September 25, 2007, 02:14:05 PM »
finally made it to the range today it was 42 yard first time with the cva 777 app 2f 295 belted hp at and some tc xtp 240 hps black sabots 30 4 price of 20 wallyworld but any way the gun shot good with all combos about 1.5 to 2 in groups i sighted it in about 3 in high at 42 hoping to be about - 1 to 1.5 at 100 let me know what uall think sound about right or not

Offline dmurphy317

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: hunterbolt range info
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 09:08:12 AM »
Sounds like a good start. The trajectory will depend on how fast your load is going which is based on how much powder your using. If your using 100gr of powder then your 295gr is probably going to be in the 1650 to 1700fps range. With the 295 shooting 3" high at 42 yards you will be close to 5" high at 100, you might want to bring the 42 yard POI down to about 1" high to get what your looking for with that bullet. With the 240 you may be getting around 1750 to 1800fps and 3" high at 42 would put you more than 5" high at 100. Again you might want to adjust your 42 yard POI to around .75" high. Again, these estimates are based on 100gr of 777 and similar loads I shoot. More or less powder will change things so shoot at 100 to confirm settings. Good luck.
David

It's better to shoot for the sky and come a bit short than to shoot for the ground and hit every time. After all, the ground is just a place to start, the sky's the limit.

Offline b44mag

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 10:34:19 AM »
hey that helps me alot wow i did not realize the arch was that much so I'm going to camp to close up this weekend but when i get back ill go to range to see what happens thanks alot for info I'm going to try 1 high at the 42 then go to 100 ill Post results then thanks again oh by the way I'm using 100 of 777 pellets and 90 of app 2f  may go 100 loose not to sure well see what happens

Offline b44mag

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 06:18:46 PM »
i got to the range the outher day im happy so far i still shot at 42 yds ishot 3 shot groups then wet patch 2 dry then shot again great gun 3 shots almost touching about 1 inch high with 90 2 f app 240 tc with black sabot hope this will work out at 100 im going to use it in firearms season i think i might go all black powder its alot of fun i enjoy the loading prosess more than just dropping a shell n pulling the triger i did make a big mistake i shot the ram rod out of the gun it scoped me n i looked around n saw the rod was gone i just got done reading about shooting your ramrod n was laughing about it then i did it yeh i laughed at my self to after i made sure i didnt need stiches but no harm to me or the gun  went to wallyworld n they had tc ramrods marked flint river or creek they were the cut to fit then tap end in for 7.95  gander mnt wanted 39 bucks for same rod marked tc but any way im learning to pay more att to the ram rod i think i might paint the end red who knows  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???