Author Topic: Great new thumbhole- Can't use it, *&^%$  (Read 587 times)

Offline cgturner7

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Great new thumbhole- Can't use it, *&^%$
« on: October 22, 2007, 03:15:35 PM »
Got my new factory laminate thumbhole stock last week.  Like a little kid at Christmas I couldn't wait to get it mounted.  It's a beautiful piece of workmanship, but I can't use it.  There is not nearly enough rise in the rear of the stock for me to see down the scope.  It would be just about right if I were using iron sights.  Now I feel like a kid that didn't get what he wanted for Christmas.  Just to see if it was me or the new stock I remounted the monte carlo stock on my Ultra and I could see.  @#$%*!!!!!  I guess I'll have to stick with the original.  I do recommend the thumbhole, it's a great looking piece of wood.  But I don't recommend it if you have a short face, like me.  And I always thought I was pretty average!

Offline henry1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Great new thumbhole- Can't use it, *&^%$
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 03:42:48 PM »
cgturner7, Im not sure if you would want to consider this as an option, but my .223 was the same way and to solve the problem... I had a shellholder already on the stock, and from my previous shotguning experiance I found a deal that they sell at sportsmans and basspro. It is basicly a sleave that slides over the stock that has adjustable pre-cut foam peices to put in it. So I made my own. I had some leftover foam that i used on my shotgun and put that leftover peice under the shell holder on the .223 and it works great now! every shot is a dead prarrie dog! Just a thought. Let me know what you think.
Hank.
dont pee down my back and tell me its raining
if my guns were my children theyd be incredibly spoiled
the mountian has got its own way, pillgram
ther's many a slip twix the cup and the lip
Life member NAHC
Henry
hunter8734@yahoo.com
Looking for pdo

Offline revbc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (94)
    • NewLife Worship Center
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 12:50:37 PM »
cgturner7,

If you decide to sell your thumbhole stock, I would like to have first shot at it.

Thanks,
Bobby
Pastor, NewLife Worship Center
(Retired) Automotive Technology Instructor, West Feliciana High School
Avid Shooter, Hunter, Fisherman and owner of Handi Rifles

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 01:45:50 PM »
I sent him the same in a PM yesterday Bobby but I have not heard from him. Perhpas he does not check in on a regular basis....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley