Author Topic: New .357 bbl. Arrived Today  (Read 467 times)

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
New .357 bbl. Arrived Today
« on: October 26, 2007, 08:39:29 AM »
UPS delivered it this afternoon.  :D   It was shipped out on 9/18 and received by NEF on 9/20.  Not too bad.  Just over four weeks. 

It looks good.  A small amount of residue in the barrel and not much grease.  The Williams sights are a bit different than what are on my others, but seem just as good.  I'll give it a good scrubbing and polish the barrel a bit.

After the rain ends sometime this weekend, I'll make an attempt to get to the range.  In the mean time, I'll be loading some .38 spl. and .357 ammo for testing.   ;)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: New .357 bbl. Arrived Today
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 08:48:01 AM »
Congrats Joe!! ;)

They got my  357/44 order the end of August, still no barrels, so I just called em, they've been out of the 44mag barrels which they said would be coming from Marlin in a week or two.  :-\

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 08:57:19 AM »
Thanks Tim.  :)

Out of .44's?  Hmm, perhaps they received a run on the .44 barrels since the positive reports have been surfacing.  Lets hope they arrive sooner than expected.  ;)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 05:25:41 PM »
1) Congratulations on getting your .357 buddy, enjoy it.

2) Tim I am sure when you get your barrels back from H&R/NEF you will slug the .44 you receive, will you please be sure to post the results and the bore diameter of your new .44 barrel? I do want to get one and would like to know how this new run of barrels are coming in bore diameter wise, Thanks. I might be able to convince my wife a .44 barrel and a set of electronic ear muffs would be a GREAT Christmas present.
....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 05:55:37 PM »
Will do, Andy! ;)

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain