Author Topic: son  (Read 626 times)

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
son
« on: October 24, 2007, 04:05:32 PM »
hey i was thinking about letting my son become a member on gbo. he has been nagging on for a long time about it so i might. he is more of a nut case then me on hunting and guns. not to sure if he knows more or less but he keeps me thinkin. just givin a heads up because he makes me look kinda stupid. also i want to know if there is anything against a 16 year old in the terms and condtions. i wouldn't want to mess anything up
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: son
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 06:14:50 PM »
Nope no problem, we have younger members. Once we even had a moderator younger.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 06:17:48 PM »
ok thanks for clearing that up. he started coming hunting with me before he could walk well.  this year hes tring to convince mom to let me and him go hunting in Texas.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 07:00:25 PM »
Welcome aboard as far as I am concerned!  ;D
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 02:17:10 AM »
Same here.  Nothing wrong with having a fresh perspective.   ;)

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 05:38:04 AM »
I think it is a wise thing too do.
Most all of the folks around this town have good experience and can help a younger person to see different thoughts and offer advice that, if it comes from you, might not be as appreciated---in other words your advice will probably be backed up by another.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 08:05:52 AM »
Exposure to many of the issued discussed here will be very educational to the young man.   Welcome aboard, and take advantage of the experience and ideas offered here.

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 08:37:41 AM »
Sounds good to me,wish I could of had a forum to go to when I was 16!I know everyone is saying he will learn from us,but I take different view we will learn something from him as well!Turn him loose pop!
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 08:41:19 AM »
The earlier you start them the better.   
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline jhm

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 12:27:02 PM »
He could be exposed to alot of things worse, but I cant think of anything here that will hurt him in the upcoming months, and some of it will be useful for the rest of his life, glad to see a parent take his sons interest to heart.   JIM

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 01:36:07 PM »
his biggest buck is a 8pt and he's going to like it i think. his mom approved but he dosne't know yet. i am going to try to get an account set up tonight. thanks guys ill be sure to let him know that hes welcome here

Rick

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 04:26:30 PM »
After all young guys like him are our future. Why should anyone object to having a bit of dialog with someone who may be the one to carry on the fight for the Right to Bear arms.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.