Author Topic: any of you guys ever been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism?  (Read 501 times)

Offline KevinG

• Trade Count: (0)
any of you guys ever been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism?
« on: October 26, 2007, 05:33:06 AM »
   just resently ,yesterday to be exact I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, and it explains a lot of what has been going on with me for a few years how many of you guys have it? kind of scarry when you hit 40 years old and all of the sudden you realize crap!!!!! your getting old and you have to take 5-6 perscriptions. And my dauther calls me old Daddy :P keving

Offline Oldtimer

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: any of you guys ever been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 02:32:52 AM »
Welcome to middle age.  I take four prescriptions in the morning and four more at night.  It will be a relief at some point to know that there was a physical reason for what has been going on with you, not a character defect.  It takes some time for it all to sink in though.  Just a word of caution.  Old age ain't for sissies.  The less you have, the more you will appreciate it and the more you will enjoy just being around to experience it.  A friend who worked with vocational rehabilitation told me once that the secret of a long life was to have some fairly serious condition and then take good care of it.  Hang in there, and thank God you have a daughter who cares for you.
Oldtimer