Author Topic: If I was married do you think I'd be in trouble? LOL  (Read 1335 times)

Offline henry1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
If I was married do you think I'd be in trouble? LOL
« on: October 22, 2007, 04:28:06 PM »
 ;D Ok fellas, I put in an order form for a savage bolt action .22 Mag in left hand. It still hasnt arived and ive tried sportsmans and the local shop. Now i was just catchin up on unread posts here on GBO and I found a topic that some one started on .22 hornet loads. WoW! How decicions can change! Now i WANT ONE! so im thinkin of ordering one. Any of you guys feel generous enough to show me some pics of yours? Tell me a little about this little cartrige. Ive heard that you can load it to .22 mag specs. i already have a .223 and a .243. Do i realy need another varmint gun? (the answar is yes!!!) Do you think if i was married I would be in trouble? My girlfriend bought the .243 for my bday a few years ago, and she gave me a 100bucks to go twards the .22mag. She doesnt like guns or shooting or hunting but i cant really complain right now. It would be nice to have her as a hunting partner but i think that im dreaming. Anyways back to the subject. Tell me, Convince me! Should i or should i not?
Thanks for everything guys!
Hank.
dont pee down my back and tell me its raining
if my guns were my children theyd be incredibly spoiled
the mountian has got its own way, pillgram
ther's many a slip twix the cup and the lip
Life member NAHC
Henry
hunter8734@yahoo.com
Looking for pdo

Offline bigjeepman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: If I was married do you think I'd be in trouble? LOL
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 04:35:38 PM »
I think it's against the law to tell anyone here in Utah they don't need another rifle ... so, I say ... go for it! I have never shot the .22 Hornet but I have heard it's a fine round. Heck ... I think they're all great.

Hope school is going good for you. Hang in there and finish it out.

bjm
5 Rules for Happiness
free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less

Offline henry1

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 04:39:19 PM »
Lol! I agree! I think Wy is the same way! Dont you wish you could have em all? Then we wouldnt have anything to look forward to tho.

School is going good. I been working alot to. Trying to give my oldlady some time too. I missed opening weekend deer out here for her but i supose that has to happen sometimes. LOL Now i have leverage for the hornet!!!
Life member NAHC
Henry
hunter8734@yahoo.com
Looking for pdo

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 12:42:04 AM »
You NEED a 22 Hornet. It has always been a great cartridge, lots of nostalgia, but since the invention of Lil'gun gun powder, it has really become a great one. There is no other .224 caliber  cartridge that can get 3000 fps out out of so little gun powder. I have 3 223's, two 221 Fireballs and I still NEEDED a 22 Hornet maybe two. ;D ;D ;D
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 02:59:09 AM »

If I had to do it all over again...knowing what I know now...I probably wouldn't ave married my first wife because she didn't like guns either...and at first went along with me hunting & shooting...and even bought me 1 shotgun..That changed right after we were married... >:( Just make sure that doesn't happen to you...Buy the Hornet and any other gun you want now...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline SM Bob

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 04:04:11 AM »
If I was married do you think I'd be in trouble?

I can practically guarantee you that if you do marry someone who
doesn't like guns or hunting you WILL be in a world of trouble!!!!!!!
Been there, done that! I wouldn't recommend it at all my friend!!!

Robert

Offline henry1

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 05:06:11 AM »
LOL! Thanks guys! would any of you all be willing to post some pics of your hornet/s? :D Im thinking of putting the old peep sight on it (when i get it) from my buffler classic. What do you guys think? OH BOY now im excited! Whats your most favorite bullet or load for this little game getter?

As for the wife stuff, dont worry fellas thats a long time away, im still young and plan on being unmarried for quite sometime!  ;D ;D She is a good one, and she deals with it i guess cause i told her if she dont like it then theres plenty of others out there! lol but she must like me enough, cause shes stickin around! lol
Life member NAHC
Henry
hunter8734@yahoo.com
Looking for pdo

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 06:23:33 AM »
I am luckier than some. My wife does not like guns that well, but her father liked guns so she understands. She even bought me a couple early in the marriage, 'bout 33 years ago. The best one was a SS Ruger Single Six. I buy my own now, but she usually rides along. We do a lot of things together, some for me, some for her, and most for both of us ;D ;D ;D
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 07:13:51 AM »
It sounds as if you have a keeper for sure LaOtto222, congratulations to both of you....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 07:33:30 AM »
I married an anti gun, card carrying member of Green Peace. 

Today she packs a Ruger 101 (concealed carry), and will shoot a Moose faster than I will.  But her favorite gun is her Mossburg 12ga.  She don't like my Handi's, their single shots.  She never misses, but likes multiple rounds in her target. 

She is my best hunting partner!!!!!!!!!
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 07:39:54 AM »
Count your blessings and praise God Sourdough, you are also one lucky (blessed) man....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline cowboyup453

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (82)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 07:40:27 AM »
This is what my hornet looks like. (not it but looks the same)

It is a 22"standard contour with Boyd's camo thumb hole. I have only shot about 40 rounds so far. Shot real good with 13g of Lil-Gun and 40g V-Max and sierra hp.

Offline henry1

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 08:20:26 AM »
Well thanks for the info guys, but i must have jinxed myself last night. Kid down at the fly shop just called me and told me that the .22 mag is in.  :( :( That means no hornet. Except i think i will just order one in! maybe by the time rent is payed for ill have my other check and can pick it up too!!!! LOL! Gosh, this is bad. I feel guilty now. Somebody say somthing to make me feel better!!!! AHHHHH!!!! ??? ???
Life member NAHC
Henry
hunter8734@yahoo.com
Looking for pdo

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 09:47:33 AM »
I Hope this helps, but it may not. After you scratch the .22 Hornet itch you have yet to be attacked by the 45-70 bug (both the 22" and the BC), then there is the .35 Whelen bug. If all goes well you will eventually start on the customs, the .35 Remington rechambers and something similar the .45 ACP barrel I am in the works with now. Then there is the custom .30 Cal carbine barrel like Larry (trotterlg) made up himself. There is no end in sight now for it looks as if you have contracted the Handiholic malady, so sit back and try to enjoy the ride....<><....:)

P.S. - don't feel bad, I have 2 .22 Hornets myself, you deserve one yourself, they are great guns....

Offline henry1

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 12:41:12 PM »
LOL! Thanks MSP Ret, the .22mag is a savage bolt gun :-[ :-[ I wanted a handi one i swear! but i got this one instead. Although i just got this today i still feel the hornet talking to me. What ever happend to just walking the dogtown with the .223 handi? well 500 rnds of that is expensive but worth it, and after 500 rnds there are still more dogs, then its a brick of .22lr's with a single shot jc higgens bolt that is older than i am! Now after that one it will be a few boxes of .22mag with this new savage then maybe how ever many loads i will be able to get out of a lb of pwder for the future .22 hornet! lol! what a mess!
Life member NAHC
Henry
hunter8734@yahoo.com
Looking for pdo

Offline aulrich

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 12:47:10 PM »
Oddly enough I did once get myself in the dog house over a purchase of a handi, but but money was real tight at the time,so the 100$ of initial layaway payment was tough to swallow, the time there was short lived, I was half way out when I had explained lay away and the sale of my film camera (remember those) to recover the initial payment and the sale of a bear rug (oddy again some of my first gbo posts), got fully out when I sold the bear.

So even though I shoot handi's topped with bushnells and not kimbers topped with leupolds it's a trade I am willing to make, she's a keeper.  

A single six may keep the bed safe but it does not keep it warm :)
The second mouse gets the cheese

Offline henry1

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 03:47:04 PM »
MSP! I forgot to add, I got the buffler clasic a while back, and i am....................... addicted!!!! ;D ;D ;D
I do still feel a little guilty, cause i know that next month the hornet will call me again and beg to belong to the ever growing population!
Life member NAHC
Henry
hunter8734@yahoo.com
Looking for pdo

Offline gomerdog

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 05:55:41 PM »
To answer your original question: Yes, if you were married you'd be in trouble.....at some point. It's inevitable, and most often it's for something you'll never see coming. Accept it.

Is that too cynical?
"Endeavor to persevere..." Chief Dan George from The Outlaw Josie Wales

Offline dpastordan

• Avid Poster
  • Shooting firearms since 1962
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2007, 05:40:29 AM »
If I had a girl friend who bought me a gun for my birthday and gave me $100 towards the purchase of another gun...I'd probably marry her to reduce the trouble of buying guns.  You're girl friend is an enabler of your gun buying addiction.  You are blessed...she's a keeper.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2007, 08:46:20 AM »
henry1, you might try to be on the lookout for a .22 Hornet barrel in the classifieds or post a WTB there. You could always try the barrel on your BC frame and see if you like it. I am sure you will....<><....:)

Offline old coach

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2007, 03:33:05 PM »
I have been married 37 years to the same woman. She has bought several guns for me for birthday and Christmas.
A Clark 10-22, a Hill Country Custom 7 STW, a NULA 22 bolt, Ruger single six, plus scopes.

Offline dumgunny

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2007, 05:31:08 PM »
.....my Dad used to say "if it has teets or tires, it WILL give you trouble!"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 03:02:50 AM »
At the academy we were all told to stay out of trouble you should avoid booze and broads....<><....:)

Offline McLernon

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2007, 10:03:02 AM »
Received my Hornet by Parcel Post last week. I have a green camo lam set of stocks on order for it and have ordered the Williams WGRS-HR peep sight. I don't know yet if it shoots. It is a pleasure to shoot with virtually no recoil. I shot it with open sights so that's why I don't know if it is accurate or not as I can't see the standard sights very well. I have a 22 mag that does'nt shoot worth a darn and never did. I like the idea of being able to tune the ammo to match the gun, so rimfires are not of much interest to me. I hope you mag shoots better than mine.

I will post pics when everything has been put together

Mc