Author Topic: Peak of the Rut  (Read 512 times)

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
Peak of the Rut
« on: November 11, 2007, 05:54:11 PM »
Its in where i hunt in South Carolina. I heard that some people are saying its post rut now but deer are just now responding to does in heat. How many of you guys use scents like tinks 69? I have always like Bill Moores Doe in Heat Candles and I was using both and had a nice buck come in on Saturday and I passed because their is one bigger than him that I got on the Game Camera on Friday. He comes in right early in the morning so thats when i am going to be out. How many of you use the doe in heat such as the tinks when you first get out in the early morning or do you do like i do and put it out at the first sounds and lights of the day?
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Siskiyou

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Peak of the Rut
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 06:26:54 AM »
Just advised the wife to watch out when she drives down to the end of street.  One or more bucks is chasing a bunch of does all over the place.  We want to keep her Jeep dent free.
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline Dillohide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Peak of the Rut
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 04:54:35 AM »
I use Tinks 69. Not sure it draws them in but it will certainly make them stop to smell it so you can get a good shot. I usually put a little out walking to the stand before daylight then do a better job spreading it around in the afternoon when I can see.