Author Topic: Gunstocks inc.??  (Read 775 times)

Offline henry1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
Gunstocks inc.??
« on: November 01, 2007, 05:39:30 AM »
Hey all, I have been adding things to my Christmas list and decided to get some new stocks for the .243 when she comes home. My question is which do you guys like better? The thumbhole version or the one with the rollover cheek peice. What do you all think? I like the rollover cheek peice but dont like the grip on it. I do however like the thumbhole. Does anybody know if they make em in Left hand? Was also of thinking of adding a target/varmint forend too! ;D
Any ways, this is only to chaw it over, I wont be buying for quite sometime.
Thanks fellas!
dont pee down my back and tell me its raining
if my guns were my children theyd be incredibly spoiled
the mountian has got its own way, pillgram
ther's many a slip twix the cup and the lip
Life member NAHC
Henry
hunter8734@yahoo.com
Looking for pdo

Offline fanner50

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Contributor
Re: Gunstocks inc.??
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 05:55:22 AM »
You won't go wrong with Gunstocks Inc. I have there straight grip, stinger and there standard rollover. I also have two with long forearms (not in there catalog) that I have posted pics of here. I call them long forearms because Fred doesn't think they are true full mannlichers. I believe if you call them you can ask about left hand Stingers. I'm not sure if they can do them but they are great folks and there service is great. JMHO - F50

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 06:23:39 AM »
I also want to put a stinger on a project that I am doing but have to wait until I get my hand fixed to do the finish work. My ? is. Is the cheek rollover high enough to accommodate a larger bell scope that might have to be mounted with high ring mounts? Kurt 
PS what don't you like about the grip???
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline fanner50

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 06:30:54 AM »
If you can find my post titled Full mannlicher Stinger you can see one I finished. I have high Warne rings and a Truglo 44MM scope on it. The stock is just right for this set up and I recently did some long range shooting with it in Eastern Montana. If you need to open up the thumb-hole be careful not to go into the bolt access hole take more material from the bottom than the top. Good luck. - F50

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline fanner50

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 07:30:28 AM »
Thanks Quick I sent them back to the top also. Out of respect to Fred I am now calling it a "Long Stock" rifle instead of full mannlicher. Seems appropriate don't you think? lol - F50

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 07:32:10 AM »
 ;)
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain